What is single trip European Breakdown Cover?
One off European Breakdown Cover means your vehicle is covered for a one-off trip to Europe. A single trip must start and end in the UK, and you must purchase the cover before you leave the UK. It gives you peace of mind that if you break down while you’re away, you can be fixed at the roadside or at a local garage. You can buy cover for one day to 180 days, and everything in between.
How much is single-trip European breakdown cover?
The price you pay for single-trip cover depends on:
- how long you’re going to Europe for
- the level of cover you choose (Comprehensive or Comprehensive Plus)
- which zone(s) you’re travelling to (Zone 1, 2 or 3)
- the age and type of vehicle you’re driving
For example, our Comprehensive cover starts from £7 a day, for up to 9 people traveling in a one year-old vehicle in Zone 1.
Compare different levels of single-trip European breakdown cover
Is single trip cover only for cars?
Our single trip European breakdown cover isn’t just for cars. We also cover motorcycles (12cc and over), motorhomes and minibuses (with up to 17 seats, including the driver) – plus light vans, and vehicles towing caravans or trailers.
We cover any vehicle of any age, as long as it is:
- registered as a private vehicle in the UK, Jersey, Guernsey or Isle of Man
- a maximum of 3,500 kg (3.5 tonnes) when fully loaded. This weight is called the gross vehicle mass (GVM)
- a maximum of 7 m long, 3 m high and 2.5 mm wide – including any load you’re carrying.
Which countries are covered?
RAC European Breakdown Cover is available in 49 countries – that’s more than most other providers. These countries are split into Zone 1, Zone 2 and Zone 3, so you can easily select the right cover for you and your trip.
Click on a country to read a guide to local driving laws, travel advice, parking regulations, fuel availability and more.