Eligible Vehicles for RAC European Breakdown Cover

We insure most vehicle types and we also cover vehicles that are towing caravans or trailers so long as they meet the following criteria. The insured vehicle must be one of the following and must be permanently registered in the United Kingdom, Jersey, Guernsey and the Isle of Man as a private vehicle: car, motorcycle 121cc or over, motor caravan, motor home, minibus fitted with not more than 17 seats including driver, light van, estate car, MPV, or 4x4 sport utility vehicle.

The vehicle must also have:

  • A maximum legal laden weight of 3,500kg (3.5 tonnes). This weight is called the Gross Vehicle Mass (GVM).
  • Maximum overall dimensions of: length 7m; height 3m; width 2.55m (all including any load carried).

Please refer to the Terms and Conditions for further details.

If you're looking to drive to Europe throughout the year, have a look at our Annual European Cover option.

If you’re travelling to Europe for a short trip, check out our Single Trip European Breakdown Cover product today.



5 Star Defaqto rated European breakdown cover

Don’t let a breakdown ruin your holiday

  • No overall claims limit for complete peace of mind
  • Reassurance of a 24/7 English-speaking helpline
  • We'll fix you at the roadside or tow you to the nearest garage