Camping Card International

Camping Card International

Camping somewhere around the world?

Consider the Camping Card International. You may not have heard of it, but the Camping Card International (CCI) is an extremely useful document if you're planning to camp or caravan anywhere around the globe*. In fact in Denmark it's a legal requirement.

How does the Camping Card International work?

  • It can be used as a form of identity as well as security instead of your passport at campsites in some countries.
  • It provides up to 1.8 million Euros worth of third-party insurance for accidental damage at campsites.
  • It is valid for 1 year.
  • It covers parties of up to 11 people.

RAC partners with The Camping and Caravanning Club to provide CCI cards to members. To purchase a card, contact the Club on [email protected] quoting your RAC membership number. 

READ MORE: The RAC's driving in Europe checklist of everything you need to know before you go is a must for any european rovers

'If you need breakdown cover abroad for a short time, why not try our Single Trip European Breakdown Cover, starting from just £7.

Temporary car insurance - from one hour to 30 days. 

Save £50 on breakdown cover

Switch to RAC Breakdown Cover and you can save £50 on your AA renewal.* We're the UK’s best breakdown provider as voted by Auto Express drivers 2021.

*For new customers switching to closest equivalent RAC cover level. On selected cover, see full terms for details.