Short Term UK Breakdown Cover

RAC Short Term Breakdown Cover is an optional breakdown cover that can be added to your Learner Driver Insurance. It’s ideal if you want to be covered for breakdowns alongside your learner insurance.

What does your cover include?

The type of cover you’ll receive is Roadside, Recovery, At Home and Onward Travel Cover. It includes:

  • Roadside assistance more than ¼ mile away from home
  • Recovery of the vehicle and 8 passengers to any UK destination
  • Assistance if the vehicle breaks down at home or within ¼ mile from home
  • If the vehicle can’t be fixed at the roadside, choice of alternative transport, hire car or overnight accommodation

Why choose RAC Breakdown Cover?

  1. Our patrols fix 4 out of 5 vehicles at the roadside. Repairs are done in 30 minutes on average
  2. We get to most breakdowns in 60 mins or less
  3. The RAC is the UK's most experienced breakdown provider
  4. RAC patrol vans carry over 500 parts and tools to get you going again

View policy documents.