Get an instant vehicle check
The most comprehensive car check in the UK. RAC Car Passport gives you vital vehicle history information and essential advice from motoring experts.
The most comprehensive vehicle check available in the UK
Buying a car?
Check the history first with our Buyer’s Report
Get an instant Buyer's Report to give you car confidence before you buy
- A complete history check of the car including 10 alerts covering outstanding finance, if it's been stolen, written off or scrapped and any mileage discrepancies
- Common breakdown reasons by make & model
- Common MOT failures by make & model
- An independent What Car? review
- Vehicle valuation provided by Glass's
- Average running costs by make & model
- Car inspection and buying checklists
- A Guarantee of up to £30,000 to cover your car history check data More details
View a sample Buyer's Report
Selling a car?
Give buyers confidence with our Seller’s Report
Prepare a Seller's Report to share with buyers for a more successful sale
- A complete history check to show buyers your car has a clear track record
- MOT history including latest and previous MOT reports
- Maintenance history - add value to your car by including information on service history
- Average running costs for your make & model
- An independent What Car? review of your car
- To help you with the car selling process we'll also send you an advert template, a sales receipt and a handy checklist with useful hints and tips
View a sample Seller's Report
Our Seller's Report is the first of its kind in the UK, so you can offer potential buyers a full package of history checks, MOT and service history adding value to your sale by giving your potential buyers peace of mind.
With our Seller's Report your talking is done. Simply download and print the report and pass it onto your potential buyers.
Upgrade your car with an RAC Loan from 4.8% APR representative†
RAC Loans are provided by Hitachi Capital (UK) PLC. RAC Loans is a trading name of RAC Financial Services Limited who are acting as a credit broker.
^ The following vehicles are exempt: imports, 4x4’s, convertibles, write-offs, vehicles over 10 years old, vehicles with more than 5 seats, prestige vehicles and vehicles with more than 120,000 miles on the clock.
†4.8% is for loans between £7,500 and £10,000. The rate you're offered may vary due to personal circumstances and the loan amount. This loan is not permitted for business use.
RAC Loans are provided by Hitachi Capital (UK) PLC. 2 Apex View, Leeds LS11 9BH. Hitachi Capital (UK) PLC is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. RAC Loans is a trading name of RAC Financial Services Limited who are acting as a credit broker. Registered in England and Wales no. 5171817. Registered office: RAC House, Brockhurst Crescent, Walsall, WS5 4AW. RAC Financial Services Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. All rights reserved.