Skip to content

Working from Home Insurance

Specialist cover for your home office and its contents, including extended liability cover

RAC Working From Home Insurance is provided by Brightside Insurance Services Ltd. Products supplied by a panel of insurance companies. Details available on request.

RAC Working From Home Insurance

Home business insurance is specialist cover for your buildings and/or contents, including extended liability cover if you use your home as a place of business. It offers cover which is not usually included with a standard household policy.

There is an option to extend your occupiers' and personal liability insurance to cover you for having visitors or customers in your home in relation to your business. Through RAC Working from Home Insurance, fulfilled by Brightside, you can find policies to suit a variety of occupations.

Home-based professionals should consider cover for equipment which is used specifically for business, such as scanners, computers and telephones. If your home-based business is a full-time occupation or is frequented by clients and workers, you may also want to think about personal cover such as life insurance, health insurance and disability protection as well as public liability and employer’s liability policies.

Why choose us?

  • Tailor-made policies provided by our trusted partners to suit your individual business.
  • Expert staff in a UK business centre.
  • Competitive premiums.
  • Immediate cover available.
  • Fast and friendly service from highly trained and expert staff.
  • Cover available for sole traders, small- and medium-sized businesses.

Optional extras

  • Property Owners, Occupiers and Personal Liability Cover can be extended.
  • Cover for employed family members.
  • Cover for office equipment (clerical equipment used in connection with the business – computer, fax, telephone, photocopier, typewriter, word processer, telecommunications equipment and office furniture).
  • Buildings and Contents.

Bespoke commercial insurance policies may have limitations and exclusions. Please make sure you read all the documentation as soon as you receive it to confirm you’re happy with the cover provided.

All cover is subject to insurers’ underwriting criteria and full terms and conditions, which are available on request.



You have a legal obligation (as a buyer of commercial insurance), to disclose information before entering (or changing) a contract of insurance. We call this your duty to make a Fair Presentation of Risk.

It means that when you seek insurance, you need to volunteer and disclose all material information that is known by you (or should be known by you), which an insurer would want to know when it’s deciding whether to offer insurance cover and, if so, on what terms and at what price.

You need to make sure that facts are correct or substantially correct, and statements of expectation or belief are made in good faith.

Get in touch

Prefer to speak to an expert on the phone? No problem, just call the number below.

Get a quote

To get a quote, click below and tell us a little bit about your Business Insurance needs.