Professional Indemnity Insurance
Protect your business against claims of inadequate service with Professional Indemnity Insurance
RAC Professional Indemnity Insurance is provided by Brightside Insurance Services Ltd. Products supplied by a panel of insurance companies. Details available on request.
Protect your business against claims of inadequate service
Few businesses set out to make mistakes, but they do happen. Whether there has been a genuine error or simply a difference of opinion between you and your client, the threat of legal action, compensation, lost earnings and even the cost of having to put a mistake right can seriously threaten the profitability and even the future of any small business.
Any professional who gives advice should carefully consider the quality of their insurance, because there is a danger that disputes could culminate in large legal expenses bills, or worse: compensation and damages payments.
Common areas covered are:
- Professional Indemnity
This applies to the advice you give to your clients and protects you in the event of any errors or omissions on your part, which lead to loss or injury. This type of cover is specifically excluded if you just arrange and rely upon traditional Public Liability insurance.
- Libel & Slander
You may write articles for trade journals or magazines, and this section of the policy would cover you against any liability from this type of activity.
- Public Liability
Covers your legal responsibility for injury caused to the public or damage to their property due to fault of you or your staff.
- Products Liability
Protects your legal liability for injury or damage caused to the public arising from the supply of goods in connection with your business.
Bespoke commercial insurance policies may have limitations and exclusions. Please make sure you read all the documentation as soon as you receive it to confirm you’re happy with the cover provided.
Why choose us?
- tailor made policies to suit your individual business
- UK business centre
- competitive premiums
- immediate cover available
- fast and friendly service from highly trained and expert staff
- cover available for sole traders, small and medium-sized businesses.
- Negligence – Provides cover should you give incorrect advice or make a mistake.
- Unintentional infringement – Covering copyright, trademarks or broadcasting rights.
- Loss of professional documents/data – Cover includes damaged, missing or destroyed data belonging to a client.
- Dishonesty – Provides cover should a director, employee or self-employed freelancer contracted to your business be involved in a theft from the client.
- Defamation – Provides cover where you have used or produced any material about other companies that may cause offence.
All cover is subject to insurers’ underwriting criteria and full terms and conditions, which are available on request.
You have a legal obligation (as a buyer of commercial insurance), to disclose information before entering (or changing) a contract of insurance. We call this your duty to make a Fair Presentation of Risk.
It means that when you seek insurance, you need to volunteer and disclose all material information that is known by you (or should be known by you), which an insurer would want to know when it’s deciding whether to offer insurance cover and, if so, on what terms and at what price.
You need to make sure that facts are correct or substantially correct, and statements of expectation or belief are made in good faith.