<p>Restaurant Insurance</p>
Restaurant Insurance

RAC Restaurant insurance covers all forms of business interruption

Running a restaurant is an exciting, challenging and rewarding experience. You never know what each day will bring, and where your venture will take you. But restaurants are as susceptible to unforeseen events as any other business, and when the worst happens you want to be sure that your business is covered with the right insurance. At the RAC we’ve developed a range of restaurant insurance packages that will protect you and your business, as well as your stock and even your clientele.

Our restaurant insurance covers everything from natural disasters to malicious damage, from injury compensation claims to business interruption. Our aim is to make sure you have the right insurance in place so you can focus on what matters to you – your customers.

What we provide

Our restaurant insurance is comprehensive and tailor-made to suit your exact specifications. Our packages can include a wide range of cover, including:

  • Public liability
    If you open your doors to the public, you need public liability insurance. This covers your legal responsibilities for any injury caused to members of the public or damage to their property that may be blamed on your actions or those of your staff
  • Employers’ liability
    protects your legal responsibility for accidental death or injury to your employees that may be the result of activities connected to your business
  • Products liability 
    As a restaurant you are supplying goods to the public in the form of food and drink. If they are injured or their property is damaged as a result of those goods (such as spillages), then product liability protects you legally and financially against possible claims
  • Business Interruption
    If your business is damaged by fire or flood, it can be some time before you’re up and running again. Business interruption insurance provides financial assistance for an agreed period of time to cover business overheads so you can focus on getting your restaurant back into operation
  • Contents/Stock cover
    Food and drink supplies are a major part of your financial assets. Contents/Stock cover protects them from theft or destruction by fire, malicious damage or floods
  • Money cover
    covers you financially against the theft of money from your premises or whilst in transit to or from your bank
  • Glass cover
    provides cover for the replacement of broken or damaged glass caused to your business including shop front, windows and glass in display cabinets

Get in touch

For more information or a quote call us on:

0344 892 1757

Get a quote

Why Choose Us?

At the RAC we give you much more than just restaurant insurance. We make sure our bespoke insurance packages include a range of benefits such as:

  • Tailor made policies to suit your individual business
  • UK business centre
  • Immediate cover
  • Fast and friendly service from our highly trained and expert staff
  • Cover available for sole traders, small and medium-sized businesses

Optional Extras

There are also a great selection of optional extras to choose from, so that you get total peace of mind and restaurant insurance cover that suits your specific business needs. As well as public liability insurance, business interruption cover and a host of other business insurance, we can provide you with:

  • Buildings cover – Your premises are vitally important to the success of your restaurant. Buildings cover protects you from the costs of damage caused to your building by fire, malicious damage or flooding
  • Loss of Licence – At the RAC we can access policies that provide protection for your business or premises in the event that you lose your liquor licence for reasons beyond your control
  • Deterioration of Stock – if your freezers break down or the electrical supply is interrupted, this extra cover protects you financially against damage to your stock and perishables
  • Goods in Transit - protects against loss or damage caused to goods on the move in the UK