Wrong Fuel Recovery

Call Us Now for our Fuel Drain Service.

Every year a large number of drivers put the wrong fuel in their car. If you're one of them, we can help with our Wrong Fuel Recovery Service. Driving your car after filling up with the wrong fuel can cause catastrophic damage to your engine. If you've put the wrong fuel in, you don't need to panic, you just need to call us.

  • RAC fully qualified and trained technicians
  • Appointment-based service also available

What to do if You've put the Wrong Fuel in Your Car?

  • Do not turn on the ignition or attempt to start the engine, this can circulate the contaminated fuel around your fuel system and increase the risk of potential damage
  • If you’ve realised you have put in the wrong fuel, call RAC as soon as possible. Time is a critical factor when the wrong fuel is in your vehicle system, and it needs removal and flushing through ASAP

Call RAC Fuel Drain Patrol on: 0330 332 8456

RAC members receive a £50 discount off the full price.

What Our Wrong Fuel Recovery Service Does

It drains the vehicle's tank and entire fuel system of contaminated fuel. It flushes the system through with clean fuel and supplies an amount of fuel to get the vehicle mobile (More fuel is available at pump prices from patrol).

We recycle the contaminated fuel in a safe, approved and environmentally friendly way (It can be used to power heating equipment or as a bio fuel).

Why choose RAC Fuel Patrol?

  • We are fully insured
  • We're an Environment Agency approved carrier
  • We use specialist vehicles purpose built by RAC, uniquely fitted with custom-manufactured mobile draining equipment
  • We can also tow your vehicle if required
  • Available for cars, vans under 3.5 tonnes, motorcycles, boats, plant machinery and more
alt text1

Breakdown Cover from just £29.99

  • Our patrols fix 4 out of 5 vehicles at the roadside in just 30 minutes on average
  • As Britain’s most experienced provider we've been championing motorists for 120 years
  • 92% of our members would recommend RAC breakdown cover to their friends and family

Breakdown cover provided by RAC Motoring Services (Registered No 01424399) and RAC Insurance Ltd (Registered No 2355834). Registered in England; Registered Offices: RAC House, Brockhurst Crescent, Walsall WS5 4AW. Arranged, sold and administered by RAC Motoring Services who is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority in respect of insurance mediation activities only. RAC Insurance Ltd is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority.