Rac satnav helpline - 01302 721791

The range of RAC satnavs have a dedicated helpline - 01302 721791 - which is clearly marked on the back of each satnav device. If you have any queries about any RAC satnav and you are unable to find the answer on the forum please call us and we will be able to help.

Edit - January 2013 by admin - we've had a few people say that this number is no longer in service. If you're looking for support, the number can be found here : http://www.nutool.co.uk/main-2 - NuTool are the manufacturer of the device.
  • 28 Replies

Unfortunately nobody seems to answer though:mad:
    been trying all morning too:rolleyes:
    So am i the only person getting a bad service ?
    Jesus h christ, whats wrong with you people.... from what i have read on this forum it would seem that there a lot of people getting a raw deal but not having the balls to complain about it:rolleyes:

Obviously i am going to get banned or my post deleted, but to be honest i couldnt give a monkeys, i will just sell my useless satnav and move onto the next one and hopefully get a better service than what RAC can offer:mad:

Speak up people, otherwise they will carry on taking us all for a ride !!!
    I don't know the situation with NuTool, the company that manufacture the Satnav under license from the RAC, but I've just looked up the dialling code, and it's Doncaster in Yorkshire. Given that they were very heavily hit by the weather yesterday, that could well be why you didn't get a response.
    Maybe so, but i was ringing constantly yesterday from 10.30am until 4.30 pm and they were either engaged (which would suggest that somebody was manning the phone) or it was just left ringing,
    The only advice i have had elsewhere is to do a "hard reset" which i dont know how to do:rolleyes:
    trevor revver

I'm afraid that, as Mike said, we were hit by heavy weather yesterday. The workforce that did actually make it to the motorway were turned around for their own safety by the Police therefore our building was not open.

Sorry. We are back up and running today.
    Then please accept my sincere apologies.
    Im just a natural born moaner and impatient :o and the problem will soon be resolved as i am sending the card back so it can be fixed.

Have a safe journey and a happy new year
    Helpline - what a joke!!!

I have just tried to call this 'helpline', but keep getting an annoying woman saying "hello and welcome to RAC customer services". Over and over, with the odd ring in between. What is happening here? I tried calling last week aswell, same thing happened, but managed to speak to someone eventually. It isn't working this week though.

IF YOU WORK FOR CUSTOMER SERVICES - GET IT SORTED OUT. I AM SURE I',M NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO IS FRUSTRATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:
    lost SD card

Can anyone help? Ive somehow managed to misplace my SD CARD from my satnav. can i buy an SD CARD and somehow download everything on to it?? Someone please tell me its that simple!!
    I have just tried to call this 'helpline', but keep getting an annoying woman saying "hello and welcome to RAC customer services". Over and over, with the odd ring in between. What is happening here? I tried calling last week aswell, same thing happened, but managed to speak to someone eventually. It isn't working this week though.

IF YOU WORK FOR CUSTOMER SERVICES - GET IT SORTED OUT. I AM SURE I',M NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO IS FRUSTRATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

Hi I will forward your query onto customer services as requested.
    Welcome to the site nikkie, yes you can buy a new SD card, in fact you can buy the latest new road updated one for around £29.99, which will be more up to date than the one your lost, good luck;)
    SD card

thanks Smudger, please can you tell me where i can buy this from?

Nikkie
    Nikkie , phone the number on the back of your sat-nav 01302 720006 and ask them about it.

The prices of an updated SD card is £29.99, well it was for the RAC 200 that I have, good luck;)

(if you don't get through first time, keep trying, they are really busy at times)
    RAC sat nav 5000 and the helpline confuse me,
    The first one I had wouldnt switch on ,this was replaced and second one has also failed with the helpline telliing me to send it back even tho they knew I had lost receipt.
    So after costing myself purchase and packaging I send it back only to have it sent back via special delivery tellimg me its knackered and nothing can be done without a receipt!
    I now have a dud sat nav which I have bought,spent money on sending back to be told basically no receipt no repair.
    So to clarify ive spent money on there product which isnt working but they refuse to repair,any thoughts anyone?
    Quote....." with the helpline telling me to send it back even tho they knew I had lost receipt."

Didn't the folk at the help centre not explain at that point, that they could not repair it without the receipt?
    I emphasised that i did not have the receipt and also explained the fault which the agent acknowledged was a software issue,I would not have sent it in if I had to go through all this ,ive spent money on this poduct and expected a better response.There is a bar code/batch code which I am sure can be traced back to to where it was sold from.
    Ah! got it now, the reason I ask was, when my 200 model went blank on me, I called the help line, who asked me to go on line with my computer and have the sat nav at hand, and we managed to fix the problem over the phone with directions of what to do over the phone

Its worked OK ever since, not that I use it much these days, as I have an I-Phone which has a great Sat-Nav app, and it gets updated by the hour, which is even better.

.I wonder if they could talk you through the repair of your one? Worth a try, good luck.;)
    The range of RAC satnavs have a dedicated helpline - 01302 721791 - which is clearly marked on the back of each satnav device. If you have any queries about any RAC satnav and you are unable to find the answer on the forum please call us and we will be able to help.

Edit - January 2013 by admin - we've had a few people say that this number is no longer in service. If you're looking for support, the number can be found here : http://www.nutool.co.uk/main-2 - NuTool are the manufacturer of the device.

Hi

I have a problem with my RAC415 that prevents me from going into history and have to reset the device everytime I make a journey as I will not be able to view the navigation bars otherwise.

The above number is unobtainable and the number on the back of my satnav, 01302 720006 is also unobtainable. When I click the link for nutool it prompts me for a login and password. I have tried the login & password for this forum but not accepted. Where do I go from here??
    Welcome to the site Amused, tried that NuTool link that was posted, and you are right, it doest accept any User Name or Password as I tried quite a few?

The old number is not answering either, so I think its about time that this was sorted out, as giving out that number was about the only help we could give to folk asking questions about their Sat-Navs on here?

So, how about it Admin?:confused:
    Hi

I have a problem with my RAC415 that prevents me from going into history and have to reset the device everytime I make a journey as I will not be able to view the navigation bars otherwise.

The above number is unobtainable and the number on the back of my satnav, 01302 720006 is also unobtainable. When I click the link for nutool it prompts me for a login and password. I have tried the login & password for this forum but not accepted. Where do I go from here??

Well it seems as no one from RAC or Nu-tool have bothered to answer this post, apart from smudger, I'll assume that all RAC Sat-navs are no longer supported. I am a bit dissapointed as the after care that was quoted was what lead me to buy one.

We live and learn.
    Well it seems as no one from RAC or Nu-tool have bothered to answer this post, apart from smudger, I'll assume that all RAC Sat-navs are no longer supported. I am a bit dissapointed as the after care that was quoted was what lead me to buy one.

We live and learn.

Sorry - all I know is that I updated the initial post with the phone number that was current on their website as of January this year. I will see if I can find more information.

In a previous post, the NuTool Satnav team suggested using [email protected] - you might want to try that email address in the interim.
    I cant get through the the number on the back of the satnav i have sent my satnav back to rac in doncaster and i havent heard anything about it it has almost been 2 months now, i would like a reply asap as my satnav is lying somewhere inthe rac office.
    The RAC Satnavs were made under license by a company called NuTool (that's the place in Doncaster). Their website was live in January, but I've just been doing some research, and it appears that the company is no longer trading (per the link below) as of earlier this month.

http://www.companiesintheuk.co.uk/lt...ool-(holdings)

I will try and get a more concrete answer for you all as soon as I can.
    I have been trying for ages to get through to this company, I'm very pleased to hear that someone has found the reason why they never answer, I have been trying to get a fault problem sorted on a RAC5000WIDE the local shop put a new charging port in for me but it now has no screen sound or voice working. I did put a message on the board but I fear that it was the wrong message board. Does any one have any idea what might be wrong with it?
    Hi Mick, have a look at Mikes post above, and watch this thread for any progress he makes. It seems that there were a few problems with certain models of Sat-Nav, and giving out that old help line phone number, was the only advice we could give folk.

So now its just a case of wait and see.
    ;)
    Well that's cleared up the mystery for the site and helpline number. I did however notice from the companies link that nu-tool had 3 directors. 2 Italians and a Frenchman living in Italy, France and China...lol
    this number does not exist and you cant log in to nutool so could you please tell if you can supply a european sd card to cover Munich to Austria I have a R A C sat nav 210 if so can you tell me how i go about getting one thanks
    My understanding is that you need to purchase your own micro SD card and then use the supplied home sync to transfer your new maps to it.

--

The geographic database used in "ROUTE 66 RAC" is provided by Navigation Technologies (http://www.navteq.com) and contains up-to-date geographic data for the date specified. To find what mapping data is held on your device go to:
    Extras > Map

IF
    you would like to download newer or additional mapping this can be done via home sync. Note that a MICRO SD card (not included) will need to be purchased enable this option.
    Suggest you do what I did, shell out and buy a Tom Tom, I'm very glad I'm not a member of the RAC I hate to think what would happen in the event of a breakdown, I'd probably be found as a skeleton at the side of some obscure road in many years time!!!