"HIT & RUN" -- Enterprise (??) wont take the claim on

In a nutshell.. whilst my car was parked outside a shop, another car scraped my front bumper, as it was pulling into the space infront of my car. I left the shop and got back in the car by coming round the rear of the car, so I didnt spot the damage until I got home. Thankfully my dashcam recorded the whole thing including her getting out and having a cheeky look, before heading into the same shop.

I called RAC to log a claim, and the call handler said Enterprise (??) nor RAC are able to deal with the claim based on the results of the other drivers insurance (??), and so now I need to speak to Aviva (underwriters)

Im on hold to Aviva but after 3 times of holding 15+ minutes, it just hangs up.

I just got a text from "Carpenters" saying "thanks for calling RAC Car Insurance. You have rejected our services" (??!?!) -- I haven't, I just kept getting put on hold for the handler to speak to other people

Does this all seem normal? I am fully comp and reporting a non-fault claim 'hit & run' yet all I've heard sounds like bad news so far? After 2 hours of being on the phone I've got nowhere? I've been driving since 2003 and for the first time im feeling very vunerable here -- I have an otherwise 'showroom' condition 2 year old car, which has been damaged by someone with very clear evidence
  • 2 Replies

did you get anywhere with this? wher did you get the number from?
    From the RAC website.

"Thinking of leaving us? If you’d like to stop your RAC membership, whatever the reason, please give us a call on 0330 159 1111. We’ll talk you through your options, see what we can do to help, and help you cancel if you still want to."
    The threat of taking your money elsewhere is very powerful and if it's anything like the US someone get to explain to head office why you closed the account.
    https://www.rac.co.uk/contact-us/email-general

And this sounds odd but I used this in the past when I met a brick wall trying to resolve an issue with the Bank of America.
    I bought 10 shares in the company, and at the next AGM I stood up and asked why I was getting the runaround. The CEO of the bank then smugly asked how many shares I had in the bank. My reply of "Enough to demand that you answer my question" was not well received, but judging by the muttering from the audience who possibly had the same issue, I was not alone.
    Didn't change much but it's a great way to voice your displeasure to the top man and it's now a public record.