Thanks fast response

Well been with RAC a couple of years never had to use them until today. Battery was dead! Luckily I choose in January to include this in my cover. Breakdown arrived at my house within an hour - dead battery cell - new battery fitted in less than 30 minutes - cost would have been £171 plus labour. So very pleased with the response time and the fact I was covered :) I know RAC can get a lot of bad press on response times but for me it was great service today - and back on the road cheers.
  • 3 Replies

Good to hear positive experiences, most people only post when they have a complaint but the majority of experiences in reality I would say are positive, not that the negativity is invalid but it does need to be put into perspective

I had the same the one time I needed to use them, I hit a pothole 50 miles from home and had no spare wheel or even any means of bodging the tyre to get home like a can of sealant so rang up and they were there within an hour and I was given a taxi home. They even towed my car to a tyre place local to my house rather than local to where I had the incident
    Community Manager
    I know RAC can get a lot of bad press on response times but for me it was great service today - and back on the road cheers.

Hi Dinocaz,

Welcome to the Community.

As @Drivingforfun says, thanks for the positive feedback. Happy motoring!

Thanks,
    Mark.

Welcome to the RAC Community! Start here 😀
    You can say hi and introduce yourself too 👋
    What should you do after a collision? 🤔
    Good to hear positive experiences, most people only post when they have a complaint but the majority of experiences in reality I would say are positive, not that the negativity is invalid but it does need to be put into perspective

I had the same the one time I needed to use them, I hit a pothole 50 miles from home and had no spare wheel or even any means of bodging the tyre to get home like a can of sealant so rang up and they were there within an hour and I was given a taxi home. They even towed my car to a tyre place local to my house rather than local to where I had the incident

Yes good to give positive feedback when its warranted - glad you had a good experience also ) - I have a long drive coming up so good to know in the hopefully unlikely event something breaks down that I am covered ))