European Entry/Exit System (EES)

Community Manager
    Name:  EUEntryExitSystem.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  64.2 KB

Later this year, we expect the EU Entry/Exit System (EES) to be introduced. For a more comprehensive overview, check out
    this RAC article.

What is the EU Entry/Exit System?

Instead of having our passports stamped, non-EU citizens will be asked to provide fingerprints and facial recognition to enter most EU countries (but not ROI). The system can be used to detect people overstaying or entering without authorisation.

When is it going live?
    At the time of typing, there isn’t a confirmed date, although we expect the system to be introduced Autumn 2024.

Where will I encounter it?
    The new entry/exit system will be in place at Dover for ferries traveling across the Channel as well as Eurostar and Eurotunnel terminals.

How will it impact my journey?
    With a new system and additional checks taking place, increased delays and queues are likely, particularly at peak times. An RAC spokesman stated “we’d advise allowing much more time than usual for journeys, especially during peak holiday travel periods.

Where can I find more information?
    As we get closer to the EES becoming active, you can expect more information to become available. For the time being, this article contains additional details.
    Last edited by Mark07; 02-05-24 at 13:27.

Thanks,
    Mark.

Welcome to the RAC Community! Start here 😀
    You can say hi and introduce yourself too 👋
    What should you do after a collision? 🤔
  • 1 Reply

This sounds similar to American airport security