Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watches

On the watch forums I frequent people are heavily into cars so I wonder if it works the other way round...is anyone here into watches and what watches do you own?

I am into Tudor and have a Heritage Black Bay in black with the “smiley face” dial. My grail watch is an Audemars Piguet Royal Oak.

Over to you..........

I have a Timex......

Comment

I’ve got a few Omega's. I got a Speedmaster ‘57 for my 60th birthday (I was born in '57), a SMPc 300M and a Christopher Ward slimline dress watch. I wear my G-Shock steel for work. I did have a Tag Aquaracer grande date for years but I gave that to my son just the other week. My wife thinks they all look the same. I say the same about her shoes and handbags!

Comment

Have a Samsung S3 Frontier - can tell the time and a lot more

Comment

Very nice watches Motman! I tried to post up a pic of mine but having trouble...

I did consider a smart watch but not sure I want to give up my mechanical watches!!

Comment

Same here. I like 'gadgety' things but couldn’t be arsed charging them up.

Comment

Sorry, but I wreck watches whether expensive or cheap! I don't know why - I certainly don't mistreat them. My late hubby's watches and a couple of other very expensive timepieces are kept far away from me and they work!

Comment

You need a G-Shock FJ. Proper tough!

Comment

Motman, if I can upset some unbelievably expensive Tag Heuer watch to the extent it had to go back, I doubt there's much hope! 3 - 6 months is the max.

Comment

G shocks are pretty indestructible I believe they are the watch of choice for a lot of soldiers, police officers etc!

Comment

I admire the beauty of watches but alas from afar. I don't like the physical constriction on the wrist, especially in summer, and prefer not to wear one. My choice, my loss; still a shame as I love looking at them, but it's not worth me getting a nice one when I'm not keen on wearing them.

Comment

Originally posted by 98selitb View Post
                        I admire the beauty of watches but alas from afar. I don't like the physical constriction on the wrist, especially in summer, and prefer not to wear one. My choice, my loss; still a shame as I love looking at them, but it's not worth me getting a nice one when I'm not keen on wearing them.
                        That's exactly the same for me. No jewellery at all - must be in the minority?

People think mugging is a fairly recent crime but in the 1960s I was on a down escalator on the underground at Kings Cross when I was grabbed from behind and a knife held to my throat. The mugger wanted my shiny gold coloured watch and it having an expanding bracelet, pulled it off my wrist. He disappeared into the crowds and was gone. He would have been disappointed by its value as it was a £5 Sekonda but today £5 equates to about £90.

Comment

I like to imagine doing a Liam Neeson in that situation, but of course I know it wouldn't happen and I would let it go too.

About 20 years ago my parents-in-law went on holiday to South Africa. Within a couple of hours of landing in Johannesburg, straight after unpacking and leaving the hotel, someone tore the necklace off my mother-in-law's neck and ran off. She started to follow, but father-in-law stopped her; he'd been there before and knew there is often an accomplice waiting around the corner with a knife/gun in case the victim gives chase. Not the best first impression of the country or start to a holiday - she hasn't been back since!

Comment

Is there some telepathy going on here? Just posted some old photos of a Rover SD1 I used to own, on Facebook. It was a South African car........

Comment

Hers my South African car that I had when I lived out there in the early eighties. . A 1.6 Capri with a 3.0 engine in it. It was a bit of a screamer. Excuse the eighties hair, 'tache and budgie smugglers!

Comment

Working...
                              X