Servicing.

Our car was in for its 24k service yesterday, it was going to cost me £80 for a oil change and new oil filter, air filter and new plugs, which was OK I thought.But while up on the ramp, they noticed that one of the front Boot Covers had lost it's clip, so they cleaned out the joint, and regressed it, and put on a new clip, all that came to another £20 including vat, but could have cost a lot more if it wasn't spotted.Was that an average cost do you think?
  • 4 Replies

All those are cheap prices compared to a lot around here. Can't imagine how expensive that would have been in London.
    Cheers for that Hometune, that makes me feel a bit better about it.
    In Feb of this year, my annual full service, including MoT fee, came to a total of £329. I have a service plan contract for this, for which I pay just over £26/month. It does sound a lot, but if you consider the hourly rate charged by the franchised dealerships, this is about the norm.
    Bear in mind that this hourly rate has nothing to do with what their mechanics are paid. Business rates, heating, lighting, property maintenance, company cost of wages and N.I. contributions, other supporting service department staff, any materials used in the servicing process, and even property depreciation, all have to be taken into account.
    I don't know what that garage did to our car during that recent service, but it doesn't feel the same now, lost it's "nippy ness" it used to have?Mind you, I've not used it much since my wife came home from hospital, come to think of it, I've lost my "nippy ness" as well? .....Winking Smiley.