Zafira 2.0 DTI 04 Plate - EML issue

Hi
    I am having an issue with my Engine Management light on my zaffira, whenever i drop the revs to below 1000rpm the EML comes on and the car goes into limp mode, if i turn off the ignition and back on agian the light goes off, but when the revs drop again the light comes back on, i have read a lot of threads on here and wanted to try a fix the issue myself, I have removed the EGR valve and cleaned with carb cleaner, but this made no difference, I have just bought a cheap engine tester to try and find out the error codes, before i purchase a new EGR valve. has anybody come accross this type of senario before, with the switching off of the ignition temp clearing the EML fault ??

engine - 2.0 DTI

Year - 2004

Make - Vauxhall

Model - zaffira
  • 2 Replies

Read the codes first before going any further as just changing things by guess work can be expensive

Miss breakdown
    Hi
    Thanks for your advice, I will report my findings here and hopefully we can resolve this ASAP, just for reference as i forgot to mention it in my first post was when I removed the EGR valve it was stuck solid until i managed to free it off, thats the only reason I am leaning more towards the EGR valve, I have the electric version so possibly an electical failure, again just hoping it will only be £175 ish.

Best Regards

Lighthammer34