Please help-Vauxhall Astra 1.7 d Cutting out

Hi i've got a 1.7 Vauxhall Astra Estate Diesel. Since i've had it the engine management light has always been on. Its very hesitant and holds back on power. 2 days ago i bought a trailer off someone. the same day when i had the trailer hooked up the car cut out. No warning lights or anything. It would not start again untill the following morning. When i tried it the next morning it cut out after about 400 meters and would not start again untill this morning. I took the trailer off incase of faulty wiring. It started up twice this morning with no problems. Then when i went to get in it to drive it would not start again and probably won't until late tonight now. Some one please give me some advice.

Thanks
  • 3 Replies

Could be so many things with these. No point just guessing, have a diagnostic check done at your local garage. If they can't fix it come back with the fault codes and see if we can help.
    I have took the silver box off that was bolted onto the back of the block. It looks like it has already been tampered with as the back of the box has been siliconed on. I can start the car twice but the third attempt will fail and have to wait around 12 hours before i can try again. But if i un plug this box and plug it back in it seems to start again. I drove it last night and it would produce a sharp judder and then cut out.
    The soldered joints may need re-doing inside the control box. Common fault.