does ghost car exsist??????????

What the heck is a ford mondeo TDDI :confused: :confused: :confused: , Ive seen it, Ive test driven it , and am keen to buy it BUT.... no ones ever heard of one , everytime I,m behind one in traffic its always TDCI , mention mondeo diesels down the the pub and its always "oh yes I,ve got a TDCI" , google up ford mondeo diesel and all you get back is TDCI , but no one has ever heard of ghostly and rare TDDI , so my question for the forum is WOTS the difference between a TDDI & TDCI ,
    To be honest its putting me off , pity its a good car ???? HELP.
    p.s. its got DURATORQUE on the engine:)
    oops should have put this in the buying second hand bit !!!!!!!!!!!
  • 4 Replies

What the heck is a ford mondeo TDDI :confused: :confused: :confused: , Ive seen it, Ive test driven it , and am keen to buy it BUT.... no ones ever heard of one , everytime I,m behind one in traffic its always TDCI , mention mondeo diesels down the the pub and its always "oh yes I,ve got a TDCI" , google up ford mondeo diesel and all you get back is TDCI , but no one has ever heard of ghostly and rare TDDI , so my question for the forum is WOTS the difference between a TDDI & TDCI ,
    To be honest its putting me off , pity its a good car ???? HELP.
    p.s. its got DURATORQUE on the engine:)
    oops should have put this in the buying second hand bit !!!!!!!!!!!

TDDI is a 2 litre diesel with a similar engine to the TDCI but without the common rail fuel injection system, not as powerful as the TDCI, and less economical, But cheaper to fix, less complicated, and possibly more reliable. the TDDI engine is used in Pre06 transits (in 2.4l form) and is a very reliable unit. Not many of them around, as it was overshadowed by the TDCI.

Hope this helps
    cheers M8 , thats exactly the info I wanted , :) :) :) I like the sound of the cheeper and easier to fix - pity about the not as economical .
    So am I right in thinking , the diesel is sent direct to each individual injector rather than feeding from the common rail ? , Also will I have any bother getting spares iff the TDCI is more popular ? , And are spares interchangable , I.E. Do they use the same exhaust etc ??? ,
    Any how , thanx again . much appreciated .
    You are correct in thinking that diesel goes to each injector. its the OLD SKOOL system. Spares should not be a problem, as for interchangability, I cant comment. It is going to be similar.

Another advantage over common rail is, if someone inadvertantly filled the tdci with petrol, and all the components were not changed as needed, How long are they going to last? The tddi components are less prone to damage via misfuelling. I personally would NEVER buy a commonrail diesel second hand, purely because if components start failing it gets very expensive.

Hope this helps