bought a car not got no money or car

hi i bought a mitsubishi L200 pick up from a garage lady bay garage in nottinghamshire by jason foy on ebay.
    he made me pay £500 on my debit card but the remainder he said i need to send by bank transfer due to money laundering?
    i didn't know any difference,so i did car got delivered but within 7 days i noticed major problems which wass not advertised,I rang the guy up and he agreed to take it back to nottinghamshire,to repair it free of charge he said,So off he went with car after 1 week passed i tried to ring the guy, but he had blocked my number off, so i contacted citizens advice and they said i needed to send a letter of rejuection to the garages so i did then i got a phone call from him a private number telling me (ill see you in court) that's it I've had to sorn the car off the road because someone had insured it even after i had the insurance put on hold whilst it was sorted out i have the v5c so no car or refund?
    ive contacted police they said its a civil matter but I'm in financial problems after paying for the car cannot afford it, i saved up for that car and its left me financially in problems,
    can you help?
  • 1 Reply

Citizens Advice info is correct. You have rejected it and he has 14 days to refund you. As the police will not get involved get on to Trading standards for Notts and see if they will help. They should but like the police may not be interested.
    Have a look at this web page. On it he may be a member of the Good Garage Scheme, AA Cars, The Trading Standards Institute or one of the others. If he is, phone them and get them to sort him out. Its all free but ultimately he does not have to listen to them. Definitely give it a go.

Get back on to Citizens Advice once the 14 days are up from the date of rejection and ask them to tell you which template letter from their website to use threatening court action. If you get no joy anywhere then your only course of action is a court summons. That will cost £60-£80 depending on the value of the car. You do all this online at Moneyclaim Online which is the government's website. Simple to use with all instructions. And remember to claim for the costs of insurance losses, any car tax lost plus fuel etc.

https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/web/mcol/welcome