Ford Focus - Driver Seat Installation

The drivers seat malfunctioned whilst driving along one day which caused the airbag installed inside to go off. The seatbelt light on the dashboard instantly illuminated. I have now purchased a new drivers seat which I replaced recently but the light on the dashboard is still illuminated. How can I get the light to go off?
  • 5 Replies

You will need to put it on a diagnostic scanner to check the airbag ecu has not triggered and then to switch the light off - assuming no other faults are found.
    Ford Focus - Drivers Seat Installation

Thanks for your reply but I have tried this already. It still doesn't work - can you help or suggest what I should do?

Thanks
    Thanks for your reply but I have tried this already. It still doesn't work - can you help or suggest what I should do?

Thanks

What Hometune said is the correct thing to do - When he says scanner he means a professional grade one that does Airbags - Not a mickey mouse OBD2 reader.

If the ECU has triggered you'll either need it rebuilding or a replacement.
    Drivers Seat Installation - Ford Focus

Do you know where I could get this done and approximate cost? I thought I'd be saving money by installing this myself.
    I am assuming you have fitted a complete seat with IDENTICAL airbag layout. Also, that you have fitted the airbag ECU from the same donor car and that its part number is also IDENTICAL to the original.
    Now you should get someone with a diagnostic scanner to read for faults then erase the codes. If any return they will be easily identified.

I personally do not fit reconditioned airbag ECUs as there are too many dodgy companies who say they have repaired them but in fact have reworked them to fool the diagnostic scanner in thinking they are okay. They may not go off in an accident and there is a huge liability issue.

Diagnostic work like this should be around £50.