ford focus c max transmission

I have a ford focus cmax 1.9tdi auto (64,000 miles), about 15 months ago i had a warning light come up with transmission failure the car went in to the dealer for about 4 weeks and they said that they had replaced a sensor.
    About 8 weeks ago i had the fault again after 6 weeks in the dealer and several conversations i have now been told that i need a new gear box
    has anybody experienced problems with transmission failure or been told they need a new gear box
  • 1 Reply

Focus CMAX Diesel Automatic

I have also experienced the Transmission Malfunction light and the transmission played up for about an hour but since has been fine.

My problem has been power loss. the car was never out of the dealers whilst under warranty and 3 dealers failed to get to the bottom of the problem. The car has now done 77k miles.

The car engine currently stops without warning, will not run for a while but will then restart. Today the engine systems failure warning light came on. This has been on once before but went out of its own accord on restart.

The car seems to have a mind of its own throwing all sorts of spurious fault codes into the computor.

If anyone can help please let me know.