Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garage says I hit a car parking but I didn't feel it - help!

I picked up my car from the garage and noticed it had a new large, but not deep, scuff, so I pointed it out and asked if they knew what had happened/whether they noticed it before. They said they looked at the CCTV in the parking lot and apparently I hit another car when parking.. but didn't notice it at all? Is that possible? They said they'd let me know how much the repairs would be/if anything needed doing.

I'll wait to see whether they ask for money for repairs, and then I'm thinking of asking to see the CCTV.
    It seems really odd to me that I could hit another car with enough impact to damage my own car without realising at all? What do you think?

Any advice on what to do? Thank you!

Get the CCTV and check for yourself?

Comment

Originally posted by bobleah View Post
      I'm thinking of asking to see the CCTV.
      I would have wanted to see it straight away. They might have mislaid or 'accidentally' wiped it by now. You should be considering asking them to pay for your car to be repaired.

Comment

If they 'lose' the CCTV then you know they did it. Once you know exactly what has happened you can decide what to do.

Comment

Thank you all - yes, "losing" or wiping the CCTV to me sounds like an admission of fault.. I will contact them again asap to see the footage and take it from there then. They said they'd call me if the bodywork guy thought their car needed fixing, so I shall hear from them soon I guess.

Comment

Very weird.

Could be that they damaged the car and are making this up so that they're not blamed for it. Did you see this "other car"?

Comment

Originally posted by bobleah View Post
              Thank you all - yes, "losing" or wiping the CCTV to me sounds like an admission of fault.. I will contact them again asap to see the footage and take it from there then. They said they'd call me if the bodywork guy thought their car needed fixing, so I shall hear from them soon I guess.
              If they have CCTV, they are 'processing' data and should, by law, be registered with the ICO. They could be in trouble if they aren't. You can easily check them here: https://ico.org.uk/ESDWebPages/Search They should not wipe it for (I think) 30 days so don't delay. If they are registered, they must give you a copy under the data protection act although they can charge a tenner for it. More info here: https://ico.org.uk/your-data-matters...ght-of-access/
              Last edited by Motman; 20-06-19, 12:22.

Comment

Bring a CCTV and check yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Spongology View Post
                  Bring a CCTV and check yourself.
                  3 month old thread. Sits back and waits for advert to follow

Comment

Working...
                  X