Stationary parked car on private land

I hit a stationary parked car in a privately owned car park (it is the local pub where I work at is car park). I was clearly at fault but was just wondering does it make a difference as I was parked on privately owned land?

The damage was minor but as I am a relatively new driver (passed my test 2yrs and have just started my own insurance policy this year) my excess is £500.

In my mind it is unlikely that the damage would be over £500 worth and was just wondering whether it is worth the hassle of going through an insurance company or to settle the matter privately?

Thanks for any advice in advance

Hannah
  • 2 Replies

not worth hassle of going through insurance, just think going thrugh insurance you will pay excess, premium increase and loose any no claims (you usually start with 1 year) costing loads over £500 maybe over £1'000
    I would speak to the owner of the other vehicle and offer to pay for the damage caused but make sure you or he/she gets at least 3 different quotes to compare as they will often use the most expensive one!