Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: driving whilst already on roundabout

Quote Originally Posted by wagolynn View Post
    I think that you have to except that a flashing indicator means, my car has winking yellow lights and they work, can you see the pretty lights? Consequently, I ignore them and use the vehicle body language to determine which way it is probably going.
    I very likely do the same, subconsciously. You just have to hope that those immediately around you are on the same wavelength.

I sometimes find myself unwilling to believe the a vehicle with its lefthand indicator winking is, in fact, going to turn left.
    So I delay my own manoeuvre until the vehicle turns. I have also noticed that I am far from being alone in this feeling of mistrust.

There is a right bad junction to main road near us, where a lot cars don't bother to indicate at all, and others that have left their indicators on from the nearby roundabout, which causes problems!

As the car that is waiting to pull out onto the main road, pulls out thinking the car is going to turn, then Bang! they have collided!

Its a notorious accident spot, made a lot worse by poor signalling from some idiotic drivers

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    I very likely do the same, subconsciously. You just have to hope that those immediately around you are on the same wavelength.

I sometimes find myself unwilling to believe the a vehicle with its lefthand indicator winking is, in fact, going to turn left.
    So I delay my own manoeuvre until the vehicle turns. I have also noticed that I am far from being alone in this feeling of mistrust.
    It keeps us out of hospital.

Quote Originally Posted by wagolynn View Post
    It keeps us out of hospital.
    And, in these times, that's a valuable asset in its own right!

They are resurfacing the road on a busy roundabout near us, and its causing problems, as all drivers are being sent from single lane to an opposite single lane.

Today I was on it, and this old bloke just drove right through it all, totally oblivious of what was going on!

Everyone had to break or swerve to avoid hitting him, yet he just drove on not even aware of any of them
    He was a right lucky old codger