Thread: speeding

Default speeding

caught doing 54 in 30zone 5 weeks since offence anybody know when i will hear something

Quote Originally Posted by sooness9 View Post
    caught doing 54 in 30zone 5 weeks since offence anybody know when i will hear something
    You say you was caught so i take it you mean you were stopped and spoken to at the roadside.If so it can be up to 6 months before you are given a court date. At that speed it is a trip to court.
    At 54mph in a 30mph limit your into the 6 points area and a fine upto £1000.
    Last edited by Loony; 15-10-09 at 00:21. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by sooness9 View Post
    How did you manage such an excessive speed over the limit? I think if I had done that, I would offer a full apology and definitely not attempt to argue my way out of it.
    No court would accept the possibility of there being a plausible explanation, and contesting the charge would only bring the wrath of the court around your ears.
    Full penance might keep punishment to a minimum.

I was caught doing 48 in 30 by Speed Camera and was offered 3 points and £60 fine. I took it without argument as I was expecting worse and because if you do, your looking at a very angry magistrate who will not hesitate to hammer you ...

remember to wear your good gear and look shamed ,