Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ford Focus speedo/heater problems

Default Ford Focus speedo/heater problems

Hi all, seems this fault is quite common amongst focus owners. I have a 1999 focus 1.6 manual, and the heater fan only kicks in at settings 3 and 4. I have replaced the resistor behind the glovebox but this has not solved the problem, both old part and new part were tested by an electrician friend of mine and showed working OK. They both showed no signs of burnout, either.

Also, the speedometer occasionally shows either 0, or flucuates 10mph up and down like its having some sort of fit whilst driving. Obviously, both these faults (particulary the speedo,) are causing some hairy experiences on the road, any suggestions from people who may have solved this fault?

Many thanks in advance

hey there...

i have a 51 reg 1.8, and ive had it for a year. had speedo problems for ages, when it was MOTed last month they replaced the lambur (sp) sensor and this fixed it, but now 3 weeks later my orange engine light is back on and my fan/blower has stopped unless it is on 4

bloody annoying, any ideas!??

For the check engine light you will need to have the vehicle read for fault codes to assist in diagnosing the fault.As for the heater problem if you do a search there is a thread on here where this was discussed.

HTH

I have just replaced my heater resistor a few weeks back and it solved the problem with the heater only working on the number 4 now they all work

how easy is it to do?

ive never changed anything on my car...well maybe a lightbulb or two!

It only takes about 15 minutes and you will need a philips screwdriver. I took off the glovebox to get into it, you will see it sitting on the passenger side on the right hand side behind glovebox. The one i took off was blue but the one i put on again was black, cost a tenner from ford depot. Its held in place with one screw at the bottom. Hope all that made sense.
    junior

i'll give it a go sometime, although i may call on you for help!

I had a similar problem with my Clio, the heater blower kept going on and off all the time, I had to remove the blower motor and clean all the connections on the white connector block and the motor itself, and since then it has been perfect.

Hey Pompeyguy, whereabouts in Pompey are you ? I am in Havant, not far from you.
    Regards
    Sally

im in havant too sally...

small world

hi i have a ford focus speedo keeps dropping to 0 and engine is also affected when this happens also stereo goes quiet please help