Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread: Audi A4 Brake Failure Problem

Default audi a4

hi can i please know which registration or which year your audi a4 is please as i have had the exact same problem and my mecanics are adamant that they are doing recall on the audi a4.

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kraken View Post
    I have again phoned Audi UK to advise them that I had been contacted by a well known BBC consumer programme (who have asked me not to say who they are on an open forum.)

The result was that they asked me to take the car back to Truro Audi.
    They once again diagnosed water in the servo,and said they would let Audi UK know of the problem
    I was then told to let them carry out repairs which would be free of charge.(as a goodwill gesture)
    They replaced the servo, but the service manager was still not happy with the brakes, so they ended up replacing the whole of the braking system (ie master cylinder,vacuum pipes and a valve assembly) they had the car for 5 days and loaned me an Audi Q5 whilst repairs were being carried out..

The car was returned after all the work had been carried out,fully valeted and the service manager came out for a test drive to make sure I was happy with the repairs

I have to say that this was a complete about face by Audi uk and I cannot fault the service.

it's just a shame that it has taken me a long and stressful campaign to reach this very satisfactory conclusion.

In the end I was treated in a way I would have expected from a company with the reputation of Audi.

I wish you all the best of luck and now hope this has set a precedent for all others to follow

hi can you please tell me what year the audi is please as i have the exact problem and audi are denying the fault.

a quick reply will much appreciated

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Phil1968 View Post
    Just had exectly the same thing happen to my wifes car,problem was i didnt believe her as when i got home and checked the brakes they had defrosted.Last saturday i went to move her car and found the brake peddle solid thought ohh my god that could be fatal.
    Got in the house and checked the forums and found that this is a design fault and audi were not prepared to admit any liability?
    Went to halesowen audi 1st thing monday and have got to say they were fantastic (was expecting a row) they said they would check the service record and see if the car had been recalled,they got back in touch tuesday and said they would book my car in for a full repair at there cost due to damage done from a design fault.They are replacing the servo and modifying the plenum.
    And by the way i dont work for audi.

Default Audi Servo Failure

I would also really appreciate any information on the recall for the servo issue. Mine failed over a month ago, and quote to replace is £mucho....have found a used one but not sure if it is a job for the home mechanic! A4 1.9Tdi 1999 Avant SE. Many Thanks

my breakes keep locking on change sevo seemed to work ok but now the sticking on aagain just after 7wk is this servo problem or something else

jason

Hi i have just had a similar freightening experience in my one year old Audi A1 !.6 Tdi Sport. in some heavy snow approaching a roundabout and found a firm brake pedal. RAC called and towed my home saying vacume pump or sevo at fault local dealer closed and i will ring tommorrow to arrange collection. allarming to hear of so many other similar incidents. just emailed audi uk i will post any response.
    Quote Originally Posted by fayazmataria View Post
    hi can i please know which registration or which year your audi a4 is please as i have had the exact same problem and my mecanics are adamant that they are doing recall on the audi a4.

thanks

Hi latest update from an audi technician they have taken photos for audi. The vacume line (plastic pipe) from the pump to the servo has a heat shield during last service pollen filter was replaced and pipe upset. the heatshield has degraded and collapsed in on its self. new cable ties and modified pipe arrived from audi. He told me he compared my 1 year old car to new version and they all have the modified pipe in place. looks like a design flaw accross the models and they are aware of it . Surely a recall should have been done to prevent acccidents not a happy customer!!!!!

Remind me what the Audi slogan is again.

Is it "All bu**ered up"

I have an Audi 1.9tdi on a 51 plate and I am experiencing the braking problems that many of the contributors have commented on i.e. pedal going hard, no brakes, intermittent fault, locking up all together etc. I finally did some research and found this forum which has been very, very helpful. I have taken the car to an Audi dealership in Bradford and I am awaiting the outcome of their assessment. The servo unit has had a lot of water in it according to the intial inspection form the engineer. I will keep the forum informed about how this progresses.

Hi there,

Sorry to Necro a thread but it would seem I am suffering from a similar problem. When the weather gets to freezing my brakes become dangerous, they can become hyper sensitive then when the pedal is applied fully they go rock hard leaving me with very little/no breaking power. Its incredibly dangerous.

I have spoke to Audi regarding a recall on this model but they have checked my VIN number and refuse to acknowledge the recall. I even had some water coming in to the passenger foot well at one point. (I have kept all the emails)

I am certain there is water in my braking system due to this only occurring when we have freezing temperatures.

My Audi is a 51 plate A4 B6

Any info regarding this issue would be much appreciated.