Thread: CITROEN BERLINGO airbag warning light

Default CITROEN BERLINGO airbag warning light

Hello, this is my first attempt at a forum and hope that somebody may help. I am on my second Berlingo and although this problem happened on my previous car I was able to have it rectified under warranty. My latest car is now out of warranty and has just presented with the same problem which is the Airbag warning light on the dash has lit up for no apparent reason.
    My question is, is there a way to reset this as the dealer must have done on the previous car?

You need to have a diagnostic done to see why it has come on. Then the fault can be dealt with and the light reset.

Anyone with a compatible scanner can do this, It won't have to be a Citroen dealer.

If your van has just a driver's airbag, look under the seat and you will see 2 small wires joined at a bright orange connector. With the ignition key in your pocket and not in the ignition, disconnect this connector. Spray the terminals of the connector and reassemble. The light will probably go out.
    If you have an airbag for the passenger do the same.
    This is the most common fault on French cars for airbags.

If this doesn't work, diagnostic check to locate the fault.

Thumbs up

Thank you both for the suggestions. The problem cured itself when I started it up today.
    I shall bear in mind the both suggestions. The car is a Forte but I suppose it will have the same weakness as the van.
    Thanks again. This looks like a good forum. Keep it up.
    Cheers

Like Hometune said, the pretensioners are a common cause of the airbag light coming on due to poor plug connection. So it a good starting point without spending money.