Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Renault Megane Scenic - Clock Display Dim

Question Renault Megane Scenic - Clock Display Dim

Hi. Just picked up a Renault Megane Scenic W Reg (2000) 1.6 16v Automatic and wondered if there was a fix for the clock/temp/radio display as it's so dim I can hardly see it! If so, full instructions would be appreciated. Thanks

Exclamation Renault Megane Scenic

As a follow up to my post yesterday, husband has driven car to work this morning and said that it was juddering/misfiring alot. Does anyone know what the cause of this might be please?

1.6 16v Sport Alize
    Automatic
    2000 W Reg

i had problem like that on my astra and it was my spark plugs might be worth a check also check the leads aswell

It will most likely be a faulty ignition coil, a diagnostic check or code scan will reveal the faulty coil

Just a thought - car has been sat on a forecourt for a month or so - could problem be 'muck' from bottom of petrol tank making it's way through engine? I filled tank when I picked car up and have used roughly a quarter already. Not sure if a good 'blast' would cure it? Thanks

A faulty ignition coil will be the cause of the misfire

Hi. Thanks for the advice. Today, there is hardly any acceleration, sounds like chitty chitty bang bang and the whole car vibrates!!. Why would this only show itself after only 2 days????

I must advise you that prolonged driving with an engine misfire can cause damage to the cataylitic converter, get this in for diagnostics asap

Angry

Thanks for that MerseyPatrol. I will ring my trusty mechanic first thing in the morning. Is this something that just happens? as it was fine on Friday!

Thumbs up

Replaced all spark plugs and all ignition coils - all ok now - 84 out of pocket!
    Thanks again for your advise - I'll know where to come next time!!!