Thread: Nissan X trail Heating fan not working

Smile Nissan X trail Heating fan not working

I have an 02 reg Nissan XTrail 2.0L Sport. It has done 42,000 miles. The heating fan stopped working temporarily then started working again, recently (about 2-3 weeks ago) it stopped working altogether. The unit for changing where the air comes out, (ie foof well, demist, face) works, just the fan is not working. I have checked the fuses for the blower these are both fine. Does any one know what is wrong? Can you suggest how it could be sort out?

Many thanks

A thread has already been started with this question, please keep to 1 thread.

Does the blower motor have live/earth feeds?

I suspect the fan motor is at fault,possibly by dirty contacts.It is located behind the glove box and is easy to remove.Once removed clean up the contacts and give the fan a good spin round by hand,and it should be ok then.

Quote Originally Posted by steve72 View Post
    I have an 02 reg Nissan XTrail 2.0L Sport. It has done 42,000 miles. The heating fan stopped working temporarily then started working again, recently (about 2-3 weeks ago) it stopped working altogether. The unit for changing where the air comes out, (ie foof well, demist, face) works, just the fan is not working. I have checked the fuses for the blower these are both fine. Does any one know what is wrong? Can you suggest how it could be sort out?

Many thanks
    I have just fixed one of these with the same problem. If you look up from the passenger footwell - there are two plugs going to the blower housing, its the one nearest to the floor. Next to the plug are 2 phillips screws, remove them and pull the whole thing out.
    I am 99.9% sure that the thermal fuse in there has blown, quite easy to fit a new one. 79p from maplins!! Hope this helps.

Default Thank you

Thanks for the guideline. I checked my thermal fuse and it was blown. I got fixing cd and I tried to find the problem but could not. It is there but not very clear.

Hi bigbaz
    is the thermal fuse inside the heater matrix, and do i have to drain down water from the system?
    thanks cludgie

No. It is on the blower motor housing as said above.

Default nissan xtrail heater

Thanks bigbaz
    i was looking at horizontal Philips screws to the matrix. found other screws in the vertical same area and rusty connections found cleaned them and working again thanks
    to you cludgie