Thread: Ford Focus - Won't start at all

Default Ford Focus - Won't start at all

Hi

On Saturday I drove to my dads about a mile or so down the road and all was ok. When I got back in the car it would not start - turned the key, lights on dashboard lit up and nothing else would happen.

A guy passing looked in the bonnet - to see if any wires were loose, only fiddled with a couple of wires and when I tried ot start it again - it was ok???

Used car on Sun / Mon, all ok. Hubbie went to use this morning and same problem. Wipers, lights, radio all working, light inside car works and goes out as I turn the key ( as it normally would if the car would start).

Not knowing much about cars, apart from basics, can anyone help. What is the best course of action - call a garage out??? Thanks in advance for any help.

Thumbs up

Did the car make any noises at all when you tried to start the car and secondly has any of the clocks been reseting especially trip computer and losing radio code

It could be starter motor or immobiliser failing. I would get it checked asap.

Hi - no the car never made a noise or nothing. Turned the key to the point of ignition and nothing. Sorry not sure I understand "clocks been reseting especially trip computer and losing radio code" - don't think so.

All I get are the electrics working - radio, wipers, lights, etc.

Will I have to get a garage to come out? Any idea what the charge would be for that? Thanks for help

Can't really be very helpful about cost, it all depends on what is wrong. Best bet is to check with friends and relatives, see if you can get recommendation of 'good' garage. If you post your general area, maybe someone here can recommend somewhere.

Hi - Wellingborough, Northamptonshire is where I live. The garage I use for my service/MOT are very good - just thought I would see if someone could prepare me for the shock I might get when I ring up. Thanks

did you notice if the small red LED above the clock was flashing rapidly when you turned the key? Take your spare key out with you and try that when it happens, you may diagnose it yourself!