Thread: Van Breakdown Cover

Thumbs up Van Breakdown Cover

I Have A Car Derived Van ( Vauxhall Combo Crew Cab ), Am I Still Eligable For Normal Breakdown Cover?

Yes normally there is a small supplement you will have to pay. But I'm pretty sure if this is for business use then you will need a different policy. Best bet is to call 08000 722 822 who will be able to assist.

as long as it's under 3.5 tonne and 18ft in length, your covered.

In regards to the supplement, that is only on Small Business accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by CloneDeployer View Post

Consumer memberships require a small surcharge to be paid in order to cover any commercial vehicle within those dimensions.

Terms and conditions state:

"-Vans, Pickups or Car derived vans can be covered upon addition of an additional premium.

-Any Additional premium will depend upon the type of vehicle you are travelling in, but will be no more than 10."

However the above only covers private/domestic use, use for work/business purposes will need to be covered under a small busniess agreement.

Smile Vans

Quote Originally Posted by CloneDeployer View Post

Slightly incorrect.
    The Van suppliment is 10 regardless of Van size(within restrictions) Normal RAC personal membership will cover a Van under 3.5t and 18feet upon payment of this suppliment and also as long as the vehicle is not Sign written in any way. Sign written vehicles and buisness use vehicles have to be covered Via RAC small Buisness or fleet memberships.

thanks for the clear up 306

Quote Originally Posted by 306OWNER View Post
    Slightly incorrect.
    The Van suppliment is 10 regardless of Van size(within restrictions) Normal RAC personal membership will cover a Van under 3.5t and 18feet upon payment of this suppliment and also as long as the vehicle is not Sign written in any way. Sign written vehicles and buisness use vehicles have to be covered Via RAC small Buisness or fleet memberships.

The reason it's asked on the phones is that 9 times out of 10 it's a good way to gauge the use of the vehicle where there may be some confusion, as most of the time such graphics are business related, BUT a "sign written" vehicle can still be covered providing that it isn't work/business related graphics on the vehicle.

A classic example of this is a Bedford Rascal sprayed to look like "The Mystery Machine" from Scooby Doo that I see around Bristol, that could be taken as "sign writing" but there's every possibility that the vehicle is used soley for private/personal use. That vehicle (providing it wasn't used for work/business purposes) would be covered upon payment of the surcharge and I'm sure there are other similar exceptions to the "Sign Written" generalisation.

I'm aware that the 10 surcharge is 10 regardless of the van within restrictions, however as I was quoting the terms and conditions directly I didn't want to change what was written.

Green Flag seventy one quid signwritten LWB Movano Van. RAC Commercial - 180. No contest. Sorry RAC, You need to get real on pricing.....