Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: RAC Satnav support - including Updated Maps / Safety Camera Updates

Thanks for that Dave, that will help the folk who do not have the card slot on their lap-tops. I installed the last safety camera update no problems, in fact it was a lot easier than I anticipated
    Cheers, Smudger.

Cool vicessa

Hi I've just received a new RAC200 UK and so far very pleased. I've been reading through the post's on this product, and especially regarding Camera updates and the cost of the Europe map (SD Card). Someone, you? must know the cost of these items? You have directed us to route66's site for free Camera updates but I'm damned if I can find any reference to it on the site!

Can you help please?

Quote Originally Posted by smudger879n View Post
    Thanks for that Dave, that will help the folk who do not have the card slot on their lap-tops. I installed the last safety camera update no problems, in fact it was a lot easier than I anticipated
    Cheers, Smudger.
    Hi where are the camera updates located please??

Vicessa, I have no experience of playing with Sat Nav, but this is the link previously given
    http://www.66.com/route66/support.ph...K&sec=1&ssec=2

the link is 66.com/rac it should be quite easy to follow from there.

Default Hunappy from Huncoat

Thanks for the reply. I've managed to find the download and update the card.

I've also read that the European SD card is 80.00. Is someone having a laugh? The card (2Gb) has a retail value 6.50+ and a download of the data could/should be around 20.00, based on typical software/game downloads.

If your correspondents think this is good value, they need to get out more, and realise the true value of goods online.
    Last edited by Jon Grant; 18-12-07 at 11:25.

Quote Originally Posted by vicessa View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I've managed to find the download and update the card.

I've also read that the European SD card is 80.00. Is someone having a laugh? The card (2Gb) has a retail value 6.50+ and a download of the data could/should be around 20.00, based on typical software/game downloads.

If your correspondents think this is good value, they need to get out more, and realise the true value of goods online.

The UK maps are about 30 i think, so to get maps for the rest of Europe for 80 seems like a relative bargain!

I don't think getting out more helps people realise the true cost of a European map. Depends where you go I suppose.
    Last edited by Jon Grant; 18-12-07 at 11:25.

Question SATnav 200 Safety Camer UPdate

Is it possible to get a more detailed set of instructions on howe to update safety camera information. I have downloaded route 66 file but have no idea as to how to transfer data to SD card. Satnave 200.Help!!

Hi Fiddler, The full instructions to D/Load and install them is one the site,
    http://www.66.com/route66/support.ph...K&sec=1&ssec=2 there. But basically all you have to do is, insert the SD card into the slot on your computer (once you have removed it from the sat-nav unit) Once its loaded a page will pop up, then all you have to do is follow the instructions.
    Its exactly the same as transferring photos from your digital camera, it really is easy if you follow the steps as they are written. I was a bit wary to do it at first, but like I say, it is easy, honest
    Cheers, Smudger.

Quote Originally Posted by RAC_SATNAV_TEAM View Post
    The RAC page of the Route66 website is now operational.

http://www.66.com/rac/

The site offers information on all of the RAC range. There is already a downloadable version of the user manual and, of course, the safety camera database update file.

Keep your eyes on the site for anything new in the future.

Andrew
    RAC SATNAV TEAM
    I think it may be an idea if the latest camera updates are checked, for some time I have been using other means for the updates, but decided to have a look at the RAC updates.
    There appear to be many error in the sout Essex area E.G

Cowley Road, Lat 51.53786 Long 0.48236 shown In field south Essex

Great chertsey Road, shown to the left of M25 near Dartford Tunnel

Some of those shown in Thames Estuary off Canvey Island

51.50564 0.567444
    51.50008 0.57175
    51.50194 0.585556

These are only a few of those I found, it appears the minus sign is missing.