Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Can you drive from uk to china

Default Can you drive from uk to china

is it possible to drive from the uk to china . are there to many borders closed down and could you make it thru russia?? . has any ever done this before . thanks

Well, Last time i checked UK was an island. So you'd need to take a boat.. And thats not driving thats taking a boat which is cheating :P

Unless you get an amphibious Car (can drive on roads and water) But then you could just miss russia altogether.

Indeed... it does defeat the object of driving there!

But if you have to take a boat.... i imagine the general route would be:

- Dover to Calais
    - Drive through France to Germany
    - Drive through Germany to Poland
    - Drive through Poland to Ukraine
    - Drive through Ukraine to Russia
    - Drive through Russia to Kazakhstan (possibly bump into Borat on the way)
    - Drive through Kazakhstan and arrive at your destination China.

Can't say i've ever done this... or would want to drive to China. I would imagine you would face some problems on the way... such as 'visas', and lack of petrol stations perhaps, possibly you may bump into some angry men with guns etc.

Default Travelling from UK to China

Hi I am planning this exact trip!!!!

It'd be great if we could exchange emails and keep each other posted on our progress, I would be really grateful to hear of any info and legalities you come across.

I am planning to do this with my girlfriend in a motorhome, I've got a rough idea of the route, an it IS possible. Europe is obviously fine and you need to head up to Latvia and Lithuania area and then enter Russia through there. I have researched where the dangerous countries are and know where to avoid.

Once in Russia you are pretty safe, you can obtain vehicle insurance there for around 40, i'm still researching China and how easy it is to drive through.

We also intend to head further south through Laos and Thailand then down to Singapore.

Cheers
    Simon

Quote Originally Posted by simondlh View Post
    Hi I am planning this exact trip!!!!

It'd be great if we could exchange emails and keep each other posted on our progress, I would be really grateful to hear of any info and legalities you come across.

I am planning to do this with my girlfriend in a motorhome, I've got a rough idea of the route, an it IS possible. Europe is obviously fine and you need to head up to Latvia and Lithuania area and then enter Russia through there. I have researched where the dangerous countries are and know where to avoid.

Once in Russia you are pretty safe, you can obtain vehicle insurance there for around 40, i'm still researching China and how easy it is to drive through.

We also intend to head further south through Laos and Thailand then down to Singapore.

Cheers
    Simon
    That sounds a really brilliant adventure, good luck and have fun!

That does sound fantastic. I do European trips regularly but never been beyond - i'd love to do that trip. When are you going and how long do you think it will take you?

if you guys really want to drive to China, I could probably give you a hand when you are in China, like visas, itinerary, hotel booking, car shipping, living...etc. I work for a travel agency there. So, give me a email with your questions if you are interest for this guys.
    Last edited by Jon Grant; 14-03-08 at 10:42.

Default Shanghai - Lisbon

I'm planning to buy a car in China and drive west....

Anyone have maps or other internet reports?

Smile

how many people you have?got any plan for your journey? see what I can help you out mate.

i have just confirmed that you can buy a car in China and drive to west.we can help him with all the documents.