Thread: Insurance after licence revoked

Cool Insurance after licence revoked

Hi,

I had my licence revoked a number of years ago for totting up 6 points within the first 2 years of passing my test. I have since passed my driving test again and I was wondering which test pass date I can use for insurance purposes? Obviously using the date at which I originally passed my test would result in lower insurance premiums, I just wanted to ask if I am entitled to do this?

Cheers

Welcome to the site Lanka, it's not a good idea to be untruthful to the insurance companies, as they share information amongst all the other insurance companies.Plus, if you ever make a claim, and they discover that you have lied to them, they can,and will, revoke your policy, which can leave you having to pay out thousands?

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by lahuka View Post
    Hi,

I had my licence revoked a number of years ago for totting up 6 points within the first 2 years of passing my test. I have since passed my driving test again and I was wondering which test pass date I can use for insurance purposes? Obviously using the date at which I originally passed my test would result in lower insurance premiums, I just wanted to ask if I am entitled to do this?

Cheers
    It may be best to give the most recent date on which you have passed the driving test, in my opinion.

If this ever came to a dispute, the courts would probably try to determine why the question was asked. It''s pretty obvious, I think, that it's to form a view on what experience you have.

It's pretty clear from your post that you know this, and that you know the right answer! Smudger is right, the wrong answer could end in tears.