Thread: What fine can we take from the court? (driving with no good insurance)

Unhappy What fine can we take from the court? (driving with no good insurance)

Hi,

Few months ago, my husband was found by police using his van with not good insurance. He used for business and in policy not was not specified.
    Immediately the put on his driver license 8 points and took the van from where my husband paid 300 to can take it back.
    Now, after 6 months, came from the court a letter that he have to go there. He will plead guilty by post.
    I want to know, has anyone gone through this? What fine can take from court?
    The court ask also for his driver license, can they put again points in plus, for same offense? He received already 8 points for this stupid think.

I read that the fine can go up to 5,000. (
    We are very scared!

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Giana View Post
    Hi,

Few months ago, my husband was found by police using his van with not good insurance. He used for business and in policy not was not specified.
    Immediately the put on his driver license 8 points and took the van from where my husband paid 300 to can take it back.
    Now, after 6 months, came from the court a letter that he have to go there. He will plead guilty by post.
    I want to know, has anyone gone through this? What fine can take from court?
    The court ask also for his driver license, can they put again points in plus, for same offense? He received already 8 points for this stupid think.

I read that the fine can go up to 5,000. (
    We are very scared!
    In Which town or which country did this happen? Are you sure that 8 points was put on his licence immediately?

In Huddersfield, West Yorkshire.
    Sorry, was a mistake. He received 6 points on his driver license. But not in counter part also because not was with him at that moment.

He will have the 6 points put on his licence by the court. The fine varies a lot, but it should be around 300.

The policeman will have told him about the points because that is standard for this offence.

The fine is at band C, which is 150% of weekly disposable income. There is normally a 33% discount for a guilty plea.

However, the court will consider mitigating and aggravating factors, both for the fine and the points.

There is a range of 6-8 points, with the discretion to disqualify.

A straightforward mistake would get 6 points: total failure to insure, or repeat offending, would get more.