Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: lgv driver shortage?????

Quote Originally Posted by MrDanno View Post
    I'm thinking of the ones that have royal blue units and bright orange trailers
    It could be more or less any of the big league supermarkets
    Last edited by Arewethereyet?; 29-03-08 at 17:49.

What about the bus drivers on stage carriage? how does that work if you cant speak English??

Did anyone see 'killer lorries' on ITV Monday night ? That's why we don't have a shortage of LGV drivers. Quentin Wilson bought a dodgy polish LGV C+E license for 200 and he had never driven a lorry up until that point!

One driver had not had a day off for a month and only got paid about 10pence per Kilometer.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDanno View Post
    Did anyone see 'killer lorries' on ITV Monday night ? That's why we don't have a shortage of LGV drivers. Quentin Wilson bought a dodgy polish LGV C+E license for 200 and he had never driven a lorry up until that point!

One driver had not had a day off for a month and only got paid about 10pence per Kilometer.
    This is the exact reason why the British transport industry is dying.

Have you driven along the A2/M20 corridor recently....you hardly see a UK registered wagon and don't forget that some of the UK registered are also driven by our european cousins!

They are the ones giving the LGV driver a bad image and putting hundreds/thousands of our own drivers out of work

This also has massive implications on the UK economy because the money earned by these foreign nationals doesn't get spent here.....(free parking/free accomodation/free use of our roads etc.)....They send it all home to be spent elswhere in the EU.

They don't buy diesel over here because of the high price, so they bring their own cheaper diesel 1,500 litres at a time.....look at the size of thei fuel tanks!!!

The police let them get away with murder(literaly) because they know fines won't get paid!!!

The Government seems to be blind to the problem that they have created

I could go on and on about it...........something needs to be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Arewethereyet? View Post
    This is the exact reason why the British transport industry is dying.

Have you driven along the A2/M20 corridor recently....you hardly see a UK registered wagon and don't forget that some of the UK registered are also driven by our european cousins!

They are the ones giving the LGV driver a bad image and putting hundreds/thousands of our own drivers out of work

This also has massive implications on the UK economy because the money earned by these foreign nationals doesn't get spent here.....(free parking/free accomodation/free use of our roads etc.)....They send it all home to be spent elswhere in the EU.

They don't buy diesel over here because of the high price, so they bring their own cheaper diesel 1,500 litres at a time.....look at the size of thei fuel tanks!!!

The police let them get away with murder(literaly) because they know fines won't get paid!!!

The Government seems to be blind to the problem that they have created

I could go on and on about it...........something needs to be done.
    At least 2 of the big supermarket chains use Polish drivers. I know an assessor at one RDC was told that he must stop failing the Polish drivers, So that shows how much they care about road safety. I think that anyone that drives a HGV on UK roads for a UK based firm should have to sit 'our' driving test. At least this way we know they have actually passed a proper test and that they meet the minimum driving standard required for the vehicle in question.

Alot of the foreign drivers are also victims of exploitation, being forced to break laws to earn a pathetic wage. I've seen many of them selling diesel in the motorway services.

MrDanno wrote: 'I think that anyone that drives a HGV on UK roads for a UK based firm should have to sit 'our' driving test.' I agree entirely. I met a guy who qualified as a teacher in Kenya, but is not allowed to teach here, (although he does get offers of being a teaching assistant), yet a doctor who qualified in Nigeria, got a post as a surgeon no problem. It really does seem that the Government is running a double-standard where lives and safety are concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Rolebama View Post
    It really does seem that the Government is running a double-standard where lives and safety are concerned.
    Let's face it, in a lot of aspects in the UK, the government don't seem to care about safety, as long as its cheap
    eg, the railways....every life lost has a "worth" and it's all about the "cost" compared to the "lives lost"

However, with the UK haulage industry, how many lives have to be lost until something is done about it?

The UK has the "best lorry drivers in the world" and if you want to have the best workers you have to pay for them!!!

If we continue to have more and more foreign drivers invading our shores, there will continue to be more and more deaths on our roads!!!

Thumbs down To MrDanno

If you know they recruting drivers in Poland why you don go to Poland to found the job??? Do you have problem to lern polish??? We dont have problems to lern english...Are you SERIAL CHILLER? Or something like that???

Smile

[quote=MrDanno;18716]At least 2 of the big supermarket chains use Polish drivers. I know an assessor at one RDC was told that he must stop failing the Polish drivers, So that shows how much they care about road safety. I think that anyone that drives a HGV on UK roads for a UK based firm should have to sit 'our' driving test. At least this way we know they have actually passed a proper test and that they meet the minimum driving standard required for the vehicle in question.

Alot of the foreign drivers are also victims of exploitation, being forced to break laws to earn a pathetic wage. I've seen many of them selling diesel in the motorway serv

[color="Black"][b][b][b][b][center]How much thay want for 1 liter of diesel??? Much more as YOU???
    And last think: What You know about Polish driveing tests? I know in England is realy easy do make test because I done Bus licence here! Have You driven to Rusia, Ukraine, Kazachstan, Turkey, or somewhere else as Your likely UK????? When you will be there than You can tell us something about straight driveing of Polish Drivers. Dont forgot about wather in East Europ!!! We have Snow on the road up to 5 months a Year. Can You driven??? I see when television in England is showing (two days snowing) everybody have big panic!!!

So if You can explane my what does mean to make english test???TEST??? Where in england???

Quote Originally Posted by POLISH DRIVER View Post
    If you know they recruting drivers in Poland why you don go to Poland to found the job??? Do you have problem to lern polish??? We dont have problems to lern english...Are you SERIAL CHILLER? Or something like that???
    I never said anything about wanting a job in Poland.

My argument is that anyone driving a HGV on UK roads for a UK based firm should have to sit the UK HGV driving test like British people have to in France.

Many of the Polish and other Eastern european HGV drivers have never had a 'proper' driving test at all and drive on a counterfeit license.

And as for Polish people knowing English, Can you explain how a Polish driver who was asked to go to Edinburgh way, Harlow, Essex was found half way to Edinburgh, Scotland (another country) with an empty fuel tank.

By the way, My second Language is Russian.