Thread: ABS and SERV light on

Default ABS and SERV light on

My wife has a Clio 1.6 Initiale 54 plate. I drove to the shops today and everything was fine. On the way back, I noticed the ABS and SERV lights are on. I stopped the car and waited for 5 minutes and started again but the lights stayed on even when I drove off.
    Any idea what could cause this? Can I take it to a local garage or do I need to take it to a Renault dealer to be looked at?
    Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

As the car is coming up to 8 years old, usually a cracked or broken ABS ring on one of the front driveshafts. When a fault is detected in one of the systems, in this case the ABS, the SERV light illuminates as it would if it was an engine fault or airbag etc.
    Most good local garages should have the diagnostic equipment to find this fault so no need to spend 70+ at a dealer just for a diagnostic check.
    If you are able, jack up each side in turn and slowly rotate the wheel. You can see the segmented ring near the hub and if you look carefully you may see a crack or it may be broken or even missing. It is difficult to buy this ring on its own so you will probably need a reconditioned driveshaft assembly complete.

Thank you Hometune

Having recently moved into the area, I have to go on the lookout for a "good local garage" otherwise it would have to be the "expensive" Renault Dealer :-(

Thank you

Bosch Service Centres are located all around the country. Maybe worth a try?

http://www.boschcarservice.co.uk/?gc...FeKWtAodOCgANw

Thank you again Hometune

I took my car to the local Renault dealer and they did a diagnostic and repair all for 50 so not too bad. Shame I did not see your message about the Bosch Service Centres before or I would have tried them.

Thank you

Thanks for the reply