Thread: 07 fiesta loosing power !

Default 07 fiesta loosing power !

Hi every1, I hope some1 could give me a idea on a problem I've got with my fiesta I just got a few mth ago ,I made the mistake of going along & buying it on my own without any1 checking it over for me !. it's due to go in the garage in a few days but just wanted a few ideas on what it could possibly be (as some garages tend to say what they like when u don't have a clue ) . Every now & then especially when pulling away from a junction , roundabout ect , in first gear the car all of a sudden has no power at all . I can have my foot flat to the floor & the car just crawls at maybe 5 mph . I have to putt on my hazards then all of a sudden after maybe 10 seconds or so the car jerks & normal speed is back ?? Does any1 have any idea what this could be . Thanks Laura

Is your car a petrol or diesel?

It's a diesel 1. 4 tdci

These engines can suffer from a few different problems. Does the engine light come on at all while this is happening? If it does then the garage should connect their diagnostic tool and hopefully find the problem.
    A common issue on these is that the fuel filter on the side of the engine can get partially blocked. The service manual says to replace these at around 30,000 miles but I always recommend a new one EVERY year for peace of mind. They cost less than 20 and take 5 mins to fit.
    If you know the garage you are going to then you probably trust them. If it is a new garage to you, do be careful and if there is any doubt, simply tell them you cannot afford it and will come back another day.