Thread: "Pothole Britain" - new TV show on tonight featuring RAC Patrol Crackers Patel

Default "Pothole Britain" - new TV show on tonight featuring RAC Patrol Crackers Patel

Is Britain going to pot? With potholes costing us an estimated 370 million a year it sounds like it!

Tonight we'll be tuning in to Channel 5 at 8pm for a brand new TV programme on the subject - "Pothole Britain" stars RAC patrol Crackers Patel, campaigner 'Mr Pothole' and more. What's the worst pothole you've encountered?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ykwU...ature=youtu.be

I have it booked for watching. Pity that the TV haven't made a series on rubbish accident repairs by insurance companies yet. Perhaps you can get one going by having a word in the right ears?

Intersting figure the 370million a year! Not that long ago it was suggested that it would cost around 134billion to sort them out, and nobody argued that amount. Seems to me that someone, somewhere needs to tell us once and for all just what it costs us to have the juggernauts on our roads. I am not sure that the benefits balance.
    Worst pothole I have seen was on the M8 a few years back. Maybe ten miles or so from Edingburgh, heading East.

Quote Originally Posted by Trainman View Post
    I have it booked for watching. Pity that the TV haven't made a series on rubbish accident repairs by insurance companies yet. Perhaps you can get one going by having a word in the right ears?
    Might need to work on the name of that programme, Trainman! Something a little snappier perhaps?!

They could call it the "Holey Cost of Motoring" and make it a "Tyre Busting Epic", that's the sort of Hollywood, (or should I say Holey-Wood) titles, that grabs the public's attention.

It will Shock Absorber the public!

"Britain in a rut" might sum it up.
    Referring to Rolebama's comment about juggernauts, I think the major problem with these is when they are travelling empty. With no load, their suspensions are so rigid that they bounce at the slightest undulation in the road, and their tyres assume a tearing action as their treads separate from the road surface and then reconnect.

Quote Originally Posted by Laura W RAC View Post
    Might need to work on the name of that programme, Trainman! Something a little snappier perhaps?!
    How about "Rip off Repairs" !