Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RAC Unveils new Fuel Pages

Default RAC Unveils new Fuel Pages

The cost of fuel is on the mind of every driver daily - so please welcome our brand new Fuel Pages, designed to arm you with information, price comparisons and fuel saving tips. Have a look and let us know what you think! http://www.rac.co.uk/advice/fuel-price/

Mike, I'll have a good look later but - even though we have a 5ppl fuel duty derogation 1.38 is fantasy land and has left me shell-shocked! FJ

We did our own survey on here, when we posted the price of Petrol/Diesel on here, and got the price range throughout the UK.

I think, it was FJs area that had the highest price at that time, and the cheapest was some where around London?

The price of unleaded here in Fife just now is, 1.29 a Ltr.

I just happened to notice yesterday that one of our local stations has diesel for 136.9p. That was a BP which have been around 3 - 6p more that Esso and Shell over the last few years.

Now I'm really unhappy, Rolebama! Our diesel is 143.9 and would be 148.9.

FJ, I understand your feelings. I filled my car locally for 99.9p a gallon some years ago because I was doing a very early start on a Bank Holiday to Wales for a bit of fun in Snowdonia. By the time I got to Cross Foxes, I was down to half a tank and didn't want to risk running low over the weekend. I pulled in at the first petrol station I came to where the cost of 4* was only 79.9p a gallon. Whilst the guy was filling me up (I miss attended service) I asked if it was a deal of some kind. He looked at me in puzzlement and said that he always sold it at that price!

Those were the days, Rolebama! I also miss attended service and as for the pay at pump things....!

I still stand by - at least for the present austere circumstances - that the fuel system needs radically overhauling but in a general UK context - e.g. including postal services and deliveries. OK it's relatively easy to deal with fuel duty on the Scottish islands but in reality, rolling this out elsewhere is simply a postcode lottery which is a totally false sham situation. A lot of it is to do with the sublime assumption that's what's avaiiable through much of UK is available everywhere, whether it's fuel, Wi-Fi; mobile phone reception; certain foods and so on. It's not and I am fed up of this spin.

Makes for some interesting reading. The graph for cost of diesel shows the UK to be the highest in the EU - no surprise there, then!

When I used to drive up north to see my parents, I noticed that the price of fuel increases the further north I went?

Quote Originally Posted by smudger View Post
    When I used to drive up north to see my parents, I noticed that the price of fuel increases the further north I went?
    We live in the East midlands, and when we visit our daughter and her family in Hampshire, the fuel prices seem to start increasing when we reach the Cotswolds. Fortunately, a fill up at our local Sainsbury's is more than enough for the round trip.