Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any problems with BT internet

Question Any problems with BT internet

Has anyone been experiencing any problems with BT internet in the last week or so?

I believe there halve been problems all round as there is another switchboard update being carried out on some of them.

This would explain things a bit better. My GFs parents kept getting "no internet connection" coming up in their browser. I thought it might have been a dodgy router as it's getting quite old.

But perhaps it's problems with the switchboard updates.

Not nation wide though. I have not had problems......

Yet

They have been doing them in dribs and drabs. I have been told that there are not enough Engineers to do the job nationally in one go, and there are just a few teams travelling around doing them when and if they get the time.

BT broadband here has been increasingly rubbish since July. Gone down from 6.7 Mb at home to under 1Mb almost all the time over last four weeks and they're not interested! I'm only 700 metres from the exchange as well. I know full well that I was very lucky in having such a high connection speed - in other parts of Tob, it's always been around 1Mb or less - but BT don't care!

I tried to buy the 20Mbps 'upgrade' from BT, and still only got a max of 6.5, which was the same as I was getting on the 8Mbps setup I already had. BT's comment was that the 20Mbps was a maximum and that they used the phrase 'up to' for this very reason. I changed to a different provider at lower cost. I still only get 6.5, but pay a lot less than BT wanted.

Why not try this site.....good luck.

http://www.broadbandchoices.co.uk
    Last edited by smudger; 15-10-13 at 22:27.

Dear Son is one the job! He asked if I minded being called a numpty - no way if it gets both our broadband and the phone bill down! Why don't BT let existing customers know they could be on a much better deal - especially when their broadband has gone so far downhill, it's taking forever at some - different - times of day - to get on!

Latest excuse is Operation Joint Warrior (NATO exercise that happens twice a year, known locally as war games) causing problems. Yes GPS has been jammed on occasion and nearly caused life-threatening problems on the rally last weekend but they aren't going to get away with that as problems go way, way back.

I've dug out all the paperwork and DS has gone through it with me and we've found that the 200 compensation due - even under BT's rather fluid terms - for no broadband including email earlier this year hasn't been paid. Don't think we're going to be popular come Monday!!

Go get them FJ,

We got a call from Virgin Media last night, as our present contract is due for renewal.

After a bit of "arguing" over our past bills, where we got charged 2.75 for a 2 min. call to a 0845 number, we got a new deal where we even got our Movie Package back, and all for only 10 above what we are paying just now!