Thread: Ayr to Wigtown advice, please!

Default Ayr to Wigtown advice, please!

6th September, heading for a campsite just south of Wigtown in Dumfries and Galloway. Normally, do A82, M8, M77/A77 to Girvan and then A714 to Newton Stewart. Anyone living in the area between Girvan/Newton Stewart on here know if there's any windfarm construction traffic likely to be going on that weekend? There's a various number of people - not just me - who'll be travelling to a rally on the Saturday and some of us might be on this section well into the evening. By the time I hit Girvan, I'll have been travelling for over 6 hours (allowing for fuel and comfort breaks) so don't want to get into the hassles of last year when I ended up with a 2 hours delay thanks to the lorries carrying tower sections!!

Thanks!

I do not live in Scotland, so cannot give you any local intell. However, I would recommend BBC teletext "Travel News" section,
    they usually have information about specific delays.

Have you ever stopped at the Electric Brae?
    Last edited by Dennis W; 25-08-13 at 18:07.

Thanks, Dennis, I do use BBC travel news and also traffic Scotland (latter rubbish for keeping up to date on current issues) prior to trip but somehow turbine transport (when it's regular) drops off the planet!! Think I'll ring D&G Council to check.

Yes, been to the Electric Brae - last time was about 3 years ago when I picked up a friend from Ardrossan and she'd never been. Not quite as dramatic as when I was a kid - more trees have grown up and there are more reference points but she was still deceived!