Thread: Dreadful respose to a woman left stranded on her own

Thumbs down Dreadful respose to a woman left stranded on her own

Female broken down alone on a country lane

07:30 in the morning, landrover breaks down. Ring the phone number - we'll be with you within the hour
    09:00, ring again. cant get hold of the patrolman, asked her to ring back in 15 mins.
    She asked them to call her - operator said he would - never did.
    10:00, still no contact - called again.
    10:15, patrol man rang to say he would be 40 mins.
    11:00 finally arrived.
    Only to diagnose that he couldnt do anything about it and it needed towing - she told them that at 07:30 !

2 hours later she arrived at the local garage 4 miles from the point of breakdown

After nearly 30 years in the RAC, its Green Flag for us next year.!

Quote Originally Posted by timallen View Post
    Female broken down alone on a country lane

07:30 in the morning, landrover breaks down. Ring the phone number - we'll be with you within the hour
    09:00, ring again. cant get hold of the patrolman, asked her to ring back in 15 mins.
    She asked them to call her - operator said he would - never did.
    10:00, still no contact - called again.
    10:15, patrol man rang to say he would be 40 mins.
    11:00 finally arrived.
    Only to diagnose that he couldnt do anything about it and it needed towing - she told them that at 07:30 !

2 hours later she arrived at the local garage 4 miles from the point of breakdown

After nearly 30 years in the RAC, its Green Flag for us next year.!
    could be worse they could of picked you up and damaged your vehicle like they did to mine and then refuse to pay for the damage

Which model Land rover is it?

Hi timallen
    I'm very sorry to hear this. If you e-mail the membership and/or registration number to: ops@rac.co.uk I'll be happy to look into the circumstances and respond.
    Many thanks
    MC

The customer is never listern to,just because you said it needs a tow,patrol has to check it first,as it would be to heavy for him to tow you have to wait for a truck

Thumbs down

Surely it is wrong to discriminate between a "woman left stranded on her own" and any other driver in these days of equality

It is absolutely right to prioritise the vulnerability of members. I have no problem being second in the queue to a woman on her own who would be at far greater risk. If it was my wife I would certainly want her to be given priority.

Quote Originally Posted by belucky22 View Post
    It is absolutely right to prioritise the vulnerability of members. I have no problem being second in the queue to a woman on her own who would be at far greater risk. If it was my wife I would certainly want her to be given priority.

i agree they should prioritise, would you like your partner or child left to wait for hours dennis w ?

Is there any evidence that the RAC DO give priority to vulnerable customers?

they ask how many and if theres any kids and if your in a safe place