Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Awful misguided service by un-caring, script reading, money grabbers!

as you
    Last edited by SweetPea61; 23-12-13 at 01:20. Reason: want to remove

We've had almost identical experience; script reading, money grabbing, uncaring is exactly what we are experiencing right. They broke our car by starting it with petrol instead of diesel. They intimidated my wife into starting the car. They then fought tooth and nail with the call centre script readers so as not to pay out for a fix by a main dealership. Fortunately we had a great witness (in fact several). They eventually admitted liability but continue to make things as difficult as possible yet still quoting the age old script of; "We can only apologise for the treatment you have received, this is not the normal high standards the RAC is renowned for" etc. What a load of rubbish! Last post they did not let it be shown so I have toned this one down from the full detail and facts (it makes for unbelievable reading on what they said to me).

P.S they then said our insurance company would probably argue with us. The RAC numpty's forgot to read their own notes that we are (now were) insured withe the RAC ;-)

Richardn
    I am well aware that you have car insurance cover with RAC Insurance, but your claim is against RAC Motoring Services. We have authorised the repairs with the dealer and provided your wife with a replacement vehicle. When you advised that the hire car no longer suits her needs, we have tried to source a replacement that incorporates the 6 items you state it must have. On Friday we were able to source a hire car through our national suppliers with 5 of these requirmenets but it did not have the sixth - parking sensors - so you declined to accept it. You were made aware that we may be able to source a hire car from an external source but as they are not a supplier to RAC Motoring Services you would need to put the hire car onto your own insurance policy. As you did not wish to incur an administration charge this avenue was not pursued.
    Angela

I think I have heard it all now! Declining a hire car just because it does not have parking sensors? Is that true? I don't know what to say! Just gobsmacked........

I have no connection with the RAC by the way.

I would just be grateful to get a replacement car in the first place.

So would I. After my crash it took the insurance company 7 weeks to send me one. It was a basic model, went from A to B and did not have parking sensors.

Haha. Parking sensors. Here is a novelty, learn how to drive.