Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Awful misguided service by un-caring, script reading, money grabbers!

I've already sent my story to BBC Watchdog hopefully they'll see that it's worth investigating - hope I do get a response from them. I know that there's a 'Don't get Done get Dom' series being put together at the moment as well - might have to contact Dominic Littlewood and get him on the case.

i think i might give them a ring to, as the rac customer service is a joke! i keep getting told **** every time i ring them but i do have the good old email. i see that the rac opps haven't commented on any of this

Quote Originally Posted by tomr10 View Post
    i think i might give them a ring to, as the rac customer service is a joke! i keep getting told **** every time i ring them but i do have the good old email. i see that the rac opps haven't commented on any of this
    The RAC OPPS are obviously just as bothered about the bad press we are giving their company in this thread as they are about answering our complaints correspondence.

had a email today asking for more time to deal with my case only been 24 days. press will be worse if they dont deal with it soon!

got my reply to the case yesterday it was a joke they dont look into anything properly and dont pass on any infomation so it looks like im going to court

Yea they are about as much use as a chocolate teapot! Think they think by just blabbering on over and over again the same points its just going to make people accept the decisions and not follow up a complaint!
    As soon as you touch on a subject of it being their fault they go back to script reading the same points over again to void talking about that subject! I've had more intelligent conversations with 2 year olds!
    Hopefully some bad press will put the pressure on them to actually give their members the service they are paying for!
    Im sure by them admitting to me they didn't contact the garage i was taken too and just dumped with complete strangers in the **** end of no-where they are breaking some contractual obligations they are supposed to undertake as a breakdown and recovery service!

Quote Originally Posted by helfin View Post
    Sounds like a nightmare similar to ours, we were away and expected the car to be repaired as we only had a stuck thermostat and it was supposed to be a quick repair! instead the RAC failed us ........ they didn't transport the vehicle to the garage (as in the small print) they had my daughter drive it there and that caused the engine to overheat to the extent that it blew the head gasket, the tests done on site all showed the head gasket was fine before the 6 mile journey to the garage with the thermostat stuck closed. We were away without our husbands for a weekend and ended up stuck with two babies and no transport ...... we had to get ourselves home and travel just over 100 miles to collect the car 3 weeks later when it had been stripped down and repaired.
    No test can tell when the head gasket blew, if your thermostat was stuck open it may have already been blown before you called the RAC.

After Burner, the post states that the thermostat was stuck closed, and that the head gasket tested out OK before driving 6 miles to a garage. You are right in that it cannot be determined when the head gasket blew exactly, but with the info given, it seems it blew during the drive to the garage.

Quote Originally Posted by Rolebama View Post
    After Burner, the post states that the thermostat was stuck closed, and that the head gasket tested out OK before driving 6 miles to a garage. You are right in that it cannot be determined when the head gasket blew exactly, but with the info given, it seems it blew during the drive to the garage.
    It is ambiguous. I read that to say the tests on site means tests done at the garage. If the poster can clarify then I would withdraw my post.

Quote Originally Posted by boyce857 View Post
    I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who has been ripped off by this company.

Here's what they did to me:

I was on holiday in UK, 100 miles from home, walking back to my car and all of a sudden I realised I had lost my car keys!!! Obviously I panicked, frantically looked around everywhere I had been that day to try and find them - no joy. Phoned RAC as a last resort and they said they could send someone out to get the car towed home but that it was a non-mechanical breakdown, not included in my policy and therefore would be £297. I agreed and proceeded to make a debit card payment over the phone and was told that it would be approx. 3 hours before anyone could get to me as they were extremely busy. Roughly 15 minutes after the call to the RAC and having checked one last place I actually found the keys!!! I rang the RAC straight back to cancel the call out only to be told that my money was non-refundable!!!! I am absolutely furious - I have effectively paid for a service that I have not received! After driving back home myself I sent a letter to the RAC about my concerns over the situation. The letter was sent two weeks ago and I have had no response from them. I have also called their Customer Care number and have not had any sort of sensible or conclusive response from them either - this company's customer service is a complete joke!!! I too will be considering speaking to the national press, BBC Watchdog and Trading Standards about this because I don't think it's fair for customers to be treated this way.
    Finally had a response from the complaints dept. They have refunded just over two thirds of my money and are keeping the remainder as a so called 'call out charge'. I have subsequently cancelled my breakdown policy with RAC and I will never use nor recommend this company to anyone ever again. My decision to do this has been largely influenced by the shockingly poor level of customer service that I have received. Good riddance RAC!