Thread: Windscreen Cover

Default Windscreen Cover

Could someone please tell me if I have to pay 60 excess for a windscreen repair/replacement? I'm a bit confused! I would appreciate someone helping me.

On one part of the policy documents, it says that you have unlimited cover if you use their approved repairer, but then when I looked at the schedule, it said there is a 60 excess to pay.

Do I have to pay the excess even if I use their approved repairer?

Most insurances work on repair free replacement x in the form of an excess windscreen glass is expense starting prices often 500 upwards so yes 60 is cheap.

Miss breakdown

Many years ago windscreen cover was often provided without the excess being charged. These days the cost of windscreens and other glass has increased to such an extent that I know of no insurance Co that offers it now.

Many of them offer a free repair service for minor chips though, so if you see a chip it is always a good idea to get it repaired before it turns into a crack.

Its not just the price of glass that has gone up. I can remember when even motor insurance was a lot cheaper, and I'm sure a few of the others on here can remember that as well.

I think it was about 5 for my first policy, when I got my first motorbike back in the 60s