Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Broken lock nut on wheel changeover

Quote Originally Posted by Hometune View Post
    Dennis, why do you insist on not reading what people say? The car has a flat tyre at work. He cannot drive it. 1. It is illegal and 2. it is dangerous.

Miss Breakdown's answer is the correct one. Try reading it.
    He could "possibly" inject some "gunge" and see if that inflates the tyre.

Walshy252,

Have you still got the original wallet with all the security codes in it? That may give you the key code for the locking wheel nut key, possibly? Or, the locking wheel nut key may be in the tool bag for the car. look in the spare wheel compartnment, if I were you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis W View Post
    Walshy252,

Have you still got the original wallet with all the security codes in it? That may give you the key code for the locking wheel nut key, possibly? Or, the locking wheel nut key may be in the tool bag for the car. look in the spare wheel compartnment, if I were you.
    Absolute bo##ocks Dennis. The more you say the worse it gets. Have a read of the post again. The key is DAMAGED. Get it?

"whereby the locking wheel nut key for my Peugeot 207 is damaged and is therefore unable to grip the nut. The car is currently at work with a flat tyre, which I have no hope of changing over myself as the locking nut is fixed in place."

Now, tell me why you cannot read and understand this?

Quote Originally Posted by Hometune View Post
    Absolute bo##ocks Dennis. The more you say the worse it gets. Have a read of the post again. The key is DAMAGED. Get it?

"whereby the locking wheel nut key for my Peugeot 207 is damaged and is therefore unable to grip the nut. The car is currently at work with a flat tyre, which I have no hope of changing over myself as the locking nut is fixed in place."

Now, tell me why you cannot read and understand this?
    Calm down dear.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis W View Post
    Calm down dear.
    And there was me thinking he died the other week!

For future reference, I phoned the two local tyre shops, and they assure me they would come out locally to remove the 'duff' nut. Waiting time would depend on how busy they are, and they could charge around 40. So if you are ever in a similar situation, might be worth a try. There are some companies that promise 24hr tyre service, but haven't a clue how much they would charge to come out to the M25 at 2am in the rain!

Quote Originally Posted by MrDanno View Post
    And there was me thinking he died the other week!
    That was Michael W, not Dennis W although might be related?

Hi, take a look at www.lockingwheelnutsremoved.com , they came out to me and removed 2 locking nuts that had been totally destroyed (but not removed) by a garage. They guarantee to get them off.

Welcome to the site jonathonjjj, that's a handy link to have, was it expensive?

Default Locking nut

Quote Originally Posted by smudger View Post
    Welcome to the site jonathonjjj, that's a handy link to have, was it expensive?

The cost was 50 for all four wheels. He would have come to me but charge mileage so I drove down to him on a Saturday morning.
    It's a bigger problem than you realise until you need them off. On the side of the road it would be impossible. A guy with a Jag having nuts removed before me had traveled up from Chepstow.

Jon.