Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ford focus new shape 2011

Question Ford focus new shape 2011

Is anyone having problems with the cabin windows misting up? This happens after driving about 15 mins. The heater doesn't clear it, in fact makes it worse. Only solution is to run air con nearly all the time.Car has been in local ford dealer's workshop twice and they can't find any problem.

Check the carpets to see if water is getting in. Check coolant level to see if heater is leaking. I think the pollen filter tends to let water in if the cover is not correctly re-fitted.

The fresh air setting is set to allow air in rather than recirculation?

Yes, already thought of that one. thanks for your interest

Sorry for late reply. All this has been checked out twice by main Ford dealers. No faults found!!!!

Can only think of a water leak in the heater matrix when the engine gets warmed up a bit. Without removing the dash I doubt you would find something along these lines. If it was just a very small leak you might not notice the coolant level going down a little in the expansion tank.

Thanks for that suggestion - will mention that when I take car back again for third time!!!

It appears that thr air circulation system has a fault on it preventing fresh air entering the car , ie the air circulation system is permenantly on, car goes in next monday to be sorted hopefully, watch this space !

a work colleague had the same problem with his saab 9-3, the interior windows were always damp/wet, i just happened to mention about his air-con settings and did he normally drive with his drivers window closed, so he started opening his drivers window, and not having the air-con set to recycling the air, i dont think he has this probpem any more, it's a bit like getting into your car when you have been shopping when it's raining, the windows soon steam up, it's the deepness in the air

Driving with the window open! I wish I were so rich.