Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: a question of priorities and where do i stand

Quote..."There was a very interesting program about the inaccuracies of witnesses on the TV a while back."

I saw a similar TV documentary where they staged an incident, then asked the 8 people who were there to witness it, to answer questions 2 weeks after the event.

The answers were simply amazing, they were so far apart, that in some cases it looked like they had witnessed different events

Which, smudger, really sums up the difficulties that the police/courts/insurers have in establishing the truth.

I once saw the evidence of three independent witnesses torn to shreds by a defending barrister. He simply asked the witnesses if they felt they had been traumatized by witnessing the incident. They all said that they had, and he then asked them how, if they were traumatized, they could be so positive about what they had seen. They all agreed that maybe they had not seen what they thought they had, and the defendant was cleared. On a slightly different note, I have also seen barristers destroy personal injury claims on the same grounds.

i would like to thank you all for your advice, its been most helpful, hope you all have a very merry christmas

Thanks for getting back in touch with us all mattwb, much appreciated.